Disgraced entertainer said to claim victims 'joined feeding frenzy' by getting their 'hooks into his dough' in lyrics sent in letter from Stafford prison
Rolf Harris, the convicted paedophile, cannot be forced to spend extra time behind bars despite penning a song which mocked his victims as money-grabbing "wenches", experts have warned.
In a letter to a friend the disgraced entertainer is said to have claimed his victims were "joining the feeding frenzy" by getting their "hooks into his dough", adding that his life behind bars was "no hardship really".
But despite his astonishing lack of contrition Michael Gove, the Justice Secretary, is understood to be powerless to keep the 85-year-old in jail beyond the halfway point of his sentence.
Harris was handed a jail term of five years and nine months last yearfor a string of sex attacks on girls as young as seven.
Under laws passed by the former Labour government in 2003, he qualifies for automatic release halfway through his jail term - a point he will reach in June next year.
Amendments made to the law by the Coalition earlier this year allowed some sexual offenders to be barred from early release but the legislation does not apply to the offences of which Harris was convicted.
Harry Fletcher, director of Digital-Trust which supports victims of abuse, said: "It is a matter of great concern that Harris will be released automatically when he completes half his sentence.
"This removes any incentives to behave and participate in offending-behaviour programmes.
"It must be re-examined by the Conservative Government as a matter of urgency."
Mr Fletcher added: "His actions in writing this letter are extraordinary and show contempt for his victims."
Harris' letter was reportedly sent from Stafford prison to a friend, who handed it to the Mail on Sunday.
One line of the song, which Harris said he would like to set to country rock music, reads: "Perhaps you believe you're pretty still, some perfumed sultry wench?"
Other lines say: "Make him burn, get your 50-year-old hooks into his dough. Make him burn, burn, burn. Come and join the feeding frenzy, girls."
Last month, the Crown Prosecution Service was handed a "full file" of evidence about further allegations against Harris, according to sources.
He was unmasked as a predatory paedophile when he was found guilty of 12 indecent assaults, at London's Southwark Crown Court last July.
Sentencing judge Mr Justice Sweeney said Harris showed no remorse for his crimes.
He said: "Your reputation lies in ruins, you have been stripped of your honours, but you have no one to blame but yourself."
* Rolf Harris' youngest victim thanks police
* Judge's sentencing remarks on Rolf Harris in full
Harris was unanimously found guilty of molesting four girls, including one woman who was just seven or eight at the time and was groped when she asked for his autograph, and another two who fell prey as young teenagers.
The veteran presenter, who charmed television audiences for decades, was also convicted of a catalogue of abuse against another young victim, who prosecutors said Harris groomed from the age of 13 and used like "his little toy".
* Compensation claims could see Rolf Harris lose £11 million fortune
* From TV star to convicted paedophile: How Rolf Harris became famous
The accusations dated between 1968 and 1986, and the girls were targeted between the ages of seven or eight and 19.
Harris had his CBE annulled at the order of the Queen following his conviction.