Join Today

Thread: Harley-Davidson Electric Bike

The bike will not go on general sale, instead the firm will select customers from the US to ride it

Harley-Davidson Electric Bike

The bike will not go on general sale, instead the firm will select customers from the US to ride it and provide feedback
    The bike - dubbed Project LiveWire - will travel down the US's Route 66 visiting more than 30 Harley-Davidson dealerships between now and the end of the year.

Fans had a mixed reaction to the bike.

"Project LiveWire is more like the first electric guitar - not an electric car," said Mark-Hans Richer, senior vice president at Harley-Davidson Motor Company.

"It's an expression of individuality and iconic style that just happens to be electric. Project LiveWire is a bold statement for us as a company and a brand."

Initial feedback from the Harley-Davidson Riders Club of Great Britain suggested a degree of cynicism.
    Dave Scott said: "It looks OK but I'd need a real engine in it."

Another member, nicknamed Dazzlin, asked how safe it would be: "For an electric bike it has a good look, but I can't help think a silent bike is a recipe for disaster on our ever increasingly busy roads".

In a teaser video released by the firm a motorcycle is seen driving down Route 66 almost without noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sjBdYhwQ
    PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence

It is wonderful bike for riding.