Join Today

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Transfer Centre

April 13 Here's the full story on the news we brought you earlier, with Chelsea striker Demba Ba claiming that

April 13

Here's the full story on the news we brought you earlier, with Chelsea striker Demba Ba claiming that he is ready to leave Stamford Bridge this summer, with Paris St-Germain one possible destination for the Senegal international.
    12:21

Spanish newspaper AS has claimed that Atletico Madrid are considering a summer move for QPR striker Loic Remy. The French forward has impressed during his season on loan at Newcastle and could be available for a fee of 12million euros.
    11:18

One more line of speculation, this time from the Daily Star, which claims that Manchester United will smash their transfer fee record by offering Paris St-Germain £50 million plus Nani for Edinson Cavani.
    10:35

Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul could be set for a move to Serie A, with AC Milan reported to be stepping up their interest in the Dutch shot-stopper, according to the Sunday Mirror.
    10:34

And the same newspaper claims that Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado is a summer target for Atletico Madrid, with the Spanish side resigned to losing star forward Diego Costa at the end of the season.
    10:31

The Sunday Mirror are reporting that Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers wants to be given more control over the club's transfer plans when he begins discussions over extending his Anfield contract at the end of the season.
    10:13

For a comprehensive review of all the transfer tales which are being discussed in today's tabloids and broadsheets, then check out our updated Paper Talk feature.
    9:56

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers will have to cough up £30million if he wants to secure the services of Benfica's young forward Lazar Markovic, if reports in The People are to be believed this morning.
    9:55

The Sunday Express claims that Manchester United boss David Moyes is planning a move for Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana and defender Luke Shaw as he starts to rebuild at Old Trafford, but Moyes is set to miss out on Atletico Madrid winger Koke, who insists he has no interest in a move to Old Trafford.
    9:53

Phil Jones has told David Moyes not to waste Manchester United's millions on any new central defenders but to trust him and Chris Smalling to replace outgoing duo Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand.
    9:52

And the same publication claims that France international Oliver Giroud is set to be axed by Arsenal this summer, as manager Arsene Wenger no longer considers his current top scorer to be part of his plans.
    9:51

Belgium international Romelu Lukaku is expected to be a man in demand this summer and The Sun reports he is a summer target for Manchester City. The Etihad Stadium side are said to be ready to offer the 20-year-old Chelsea striker - currently on loan at Everton - a five-year deal.
    9:50

The same newspaper reports that Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski, whose penalty heroics against Wigan secured an FA Cup final berth, is on Southampton's radar for next season as they seek a new goalkeeper.
    9:49

Champions League hero Demba Ba is reported to be determined to leave Chelsea in the summer and fancies joining Paris St-German, who he dumped out of Europe in midweek, according to The People.

April 15

Manchester City defender Reece Wabara has left the club after cancelling his contract by mutual consent.
    19:59

Sky Sports understands Manchester City starlets Ellis Plummer, Shay Facey and Jordy Hiwulu have agreed new deals at the club
    19:47

Bury are in talks with defender Pablo Mills over a new deal at the JD Stadium, Sky Sports understands.
    18:32

Harry Redknapp has revealed that Kevin Doyle may yet have a part to play in QPR's play-off bid despite returning to Wolves early from his loan spell.
    18:13

Brighton midfielder Solly March has signed a new four-year contract and set his sights on reaching the Premier League with the Seagulls.
    A new contract does bring security, but we've got to keep moving forward. The main aim is to get promotion, so hopefully we can do that in the next few years

18:09

Mateo Kovacic has played down speculation linking him with a move to England, insisting his future is with Inter Milan. Arsenal and Manchester United have been linked with moves for Kovacic, but the player insists he is happy at Inter.
    I have a contract until 2017 and my future is with Inter. I'm really happy that I'm part of such a great club.

17:52

Youth-team players Brad McGowan and Harry Andrews have been offered professional contracts by Notts County.
    17:50

Here is the full story on the news that Daniel Jones has had his contract with Port Vale terminated following an alleged training ground altercation with a team-mate.
    16:50

Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis will wait until the club's Premier League fate is decided before discussing new contracts, with goalkeeper Julian Speroni among those whose current deals expire in the summer. Pulis also says Palace will be 'fishing from the back-end of the table' for new signings.
    16:17

Here's more on the news that Sebastian Rode will be joining Bayern Munich in the summer from Eintracht Frankfurt. The midfielder is looking forward to the move to the Bundesliga champions.

I'm delighted that this transfer has worked out. Bayern is the next big step for me and I want to improve here and win plenty of titles with my future team-mates.
    15:36

Port Vale have confirmed defender Daniel Jones has left the club with immediate effect.

Monday April 16

Many thanks for all your contributions today - we shall be back in action on Tuesday April 22 after the Easter Bank Holiday. Take care, enjoy the football.

Hello to John Parry: "Did Suarez dive? Yes! No more than dzeko! He was clipped on the foot and went down holding the top of his shin! Plus no more than Milner did 5 minutes later! Did we deserve the win? Yes! Better than average players this season - Gerrard, Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho ! biggest game of the season now will surely be Liverpool vs Chelsea as a win or a draw can swing the pendulum in Chavski or Citys FAVOUR!"

Thanks to Phil Williams: "The question with Suarez yesterday is surely NOT whether he dived or was fouled: Clattenberg decided that on the day when he didn't award either penalty that Suarez appealed for. Which leaves us with the perhaps unanswerable question: so why didn't he book him for diving? Was it because he had already booked him early in the game and didn't want to red card him?"

Rob Lynn says: "If that is the case, Rich, I will quickly vote for Dawson, Naughton, Rose, Kane, Sigurdsson, Chadli & Townsend to see if it works. Am I missing anyone esle? Oh yeah, Sherwood and Levy."

Rich Lynn says: "Spurs' POY not decided yet Rob. That was an online fans vote. If Lloris does get it though that will be the third year in a row the POY is not at the club the following season."

Hi to Mark Johnston: "Good Afternoon to all on the TC ... in reply to Kumar's obvious 'head in the sand' views on Utd and that he believes Liverpool are just an 'average' team - well, the league positions do not lie and that Liverpool are 17 points clear of Utd (after finishing 38 points behind - 55 point swing!) must mean that Liverpool's team as a whole is miles better than that of Utd's - or is Utd just a 2 man (Rooney & RVP) outfit these days ?? We'll see this summer which club can attract the players - exciting Liverpool or drab no CL Utd ..."

Chris Scott: says: "Great effort by chelsea to make the semis in europe. I think we are 50/50 to go to lisbon, where I'm sure Jose would love to win it. As for liverpool, they remind me of man utd last season. Clearly not the best team in it, but everything just falling into place. Credit to Rogers for the season so far, after all, he did learn from the best!"

Hello to John Egan: "Good Afternoon David. I am very pleased that Liverpool are still in with a shout of the title at this stage of the season, However I am fully aware nothing is won yet and 12 points is still a lot of points to play for. I am also pleased that a growing number of spurs fans are realising that the problem at the club is Levy."

Hello again to Rob Lynn: "On a sad note, I've just seen that Lloris has won our player of the season, just about sums us up this year considering that bar Eriksen, he was about the only choice. A season to forget, let's hope we avoid the EL to try and maintain a squad next year. #LevyOut"

Kumar says: "In reply to Stephen, first of all, my reference was only to how the players have performed this season. And even though I don't consider Sturridge to be any better than average, his goal tally speaks otherwise. Coming to Roo and RVP, let's face it, they have not been better than average this season. RVP has probably been below average because of all the injuries he's had. Roo has been above average, but not in the really good category. They know pretty well by now that they, along with the rest of the team need to step up quite a few notches if they want us to be serious contenders come next season."

TC regular Ken Livermore says: "Well, 4 to go, and STILL dreaming !!!! If anyone had said before the season started that with 4 games to go we would have the chance to be champions in our own hands, who would have believed it ? Coming back to win yesterday speaks volumes about the spirit of the team, and it is that which could well carry us over the line. Chelsea are still "winning ugly", with a narrow 1-0 against a ten man Swansea, and will be harder to break down than the more cavalier City. Reckon it will go to the last games of the season again this season. Would just like to congratulate City, (the club and the fans), for making it such an unforgettable day. Great respect for the 96 prior to kick off, then great football, and great support."

Hello to Ben Horner: "First post Here. In answer to the posts being put up from Howard re Suarez diving, maybe he should have a look at his own team first. Did the great Toure not make a blatant dive the other week which was rather embarrassing. Get real they all do it and its a shame and it is ruining football. I just wish the FA would do something about it. start banning players for a number of games. they would stop it then."

Hello to Gordon Mays: "As all regular users of this column know I'm a Liverpool fan and I agree with Howard Lewis (10.05) that City were the better side after the first 30 mins yesterday and they should have had a late penalty for handball. However, Liverpool should also have had a penalty for the foul by Kompany on Suarez at 2-2. After Suarez's early booking which was correct City were obsessed with trying to get him sent off such as when after they wrestled the ball from him in the centre circle before the re-start after scoring. He was clipped and didn't dive (as clearly shown on MOTD2) and Clattenberg also missed a a foul by Flanagan which should have been a yellow card but in general kept the game under control and flowing. If the Sterling goal at the Etihaad which was 5 yards onside had not been disallowed City would be out of contention by now and I would suggest that the only embarrassment here is Howard himself. Despite having a favourites chance the PL title is far from won but according to Brad today and Colin Ross last week the only reason Liverpool are in this position is because they have not had European football rather than because they have a good team which begs the question who will win the title next season ? - We can rule out Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool as they will all be in the CL plus Arsenal & Everton who will be in either the CL or EL. Therefore either Man Utd or Tottenham would appear to have it between them - maybe backing both is the way forward. You can always tell when Arsenal & Tottenham are not playing well as their fans are either chipping away at each other or ganging up to have a go at Liverpool. Finally, I hope that Moyes & Rooney will now at last realise they can't win either the PL or CL this season, something which has taken the faithful at Old Trafford a long time to understand but something which I have known for at least 6 months."

April 17

Stoke manager Mark Hughes says he still thinks signing Croatian forward Ivica Olic this summer might be a possibility.

There have been one or two reports in the media saying this, that and the other but, for as long as we see the deal as one that we could complete, then we will remain in the hunt for his signature.

15:58

Reports emanating out of Italy claim Sheffield United forward Diego De Girolamo is a target for Juventus and Arsenal after impressing at Bramall Lane.
    15:14

Schalke chairman Clemens Tonnies says it would take something 'extraordinary' for Arsenal target Julian Draxler to leave the club this summer.
    Julian (Draxler) will stay at our club, if there is not something extraordinary going to happen (this summer).

14:32

Cheltenham midfielder Billy Daniels has returned to Coventry after his loan spell was cut short.
    13:24

REGIONAL PAPER TALK

For a full round-up of all the best stories from today’s regional papers, check out our updated Regional Paper Talk feature, which includes the following transfer lines and many, many more.
    THE NEWCASTLE CHRONICLE: Newcastle also have a striker and a winger in mind to recruit, while a permanent move for Luuk De Jong also remains a possibility.
    BIRMINGHAM MAIL: Aston Villa striker Nicklas Helenius could be on the way back to former club Aalborg BK at the end of the season, according to his agent.
    SHEFFIELD STAR: Sheffield Wednesday boss Stuart Gray is keeping tabs on Matty Fryatt but knows it may be hard to lure him to Hillsborough.

12:54

Hamburg have ruled out selling highy-rated starlet Hakan Calhanoglu and insist they have had no offers for the midfielder who is reportedly a target for Chelsea this summer.
    12:52

Werder Bremen have tied Richard Strebinger to a new deal and agreed to sign Santiago Garcia on a permanent basis, while goalkeeper Sebastian Mielitz is set to leave the club.
    11:56

More than half-a-dozen Premier League clubs are ready to make a contract offer to Sunderland midfielder Jack Colback.
    11:49

Wolves face a fight to keep hold of defensive rock Richard Stearman, Sky Sports understands. The likes of Ipswich, Leeds, Bolton and Scottish champions Celtic are thought to be keeping tabs on the defender who is out of contract this summer.

April 18

That brings an end to today's activity on the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch. Join us again on Friday morning as we continue to bring you all of the latest news and speculation.
    23:11

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has expressed his delight at seeing Tim Howard pen a new contract at Goodison Park which will take him through to 2018.
    It is fantastic news. To have Tim Howard performing as he has been this season, I cannot see past him to choose the best goalkeeper in the league.

22:59

With Yeovil currently sat bottom of the Championship standings, five points from safety, manager Gary Johnson has been explaining his decision to recall forward Sam Foley from a loan spell at Shrewsbury Town.
    22:52

Chris Cohen believes he, and every other member of the Nottingham Forest squad, must prove themselves to incoming boss Stuart Pearce.
    Hopefully I will be in his plans and he will want me to be part of his team. That is the first part. We all start with a clean slate. We all have to prove ourselves again, that is the thing with a new manager.

22:32

American goalkeeper Tim Howard has agreed a contract extension at Everton.

Everton
    @Everton
    BREAKING: Tim Howard signs contract extension until 2018. #WeAreEvertonians http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BldDBPVCMAEqaG7.jpg

Apr. 17, 2014ReplyRetweetFavorite

22:31

A representative of Iago Aspas, Jose Rodriguez Baster, has refuted any suggestion that Liverpool may look to cash-in on the striker this summer and allow him to return to his native Spain.
    There is no possibility of a return to Spain for Iago, or for a move elsewhere. Iago has a four-year contract with Liverpool and he is happy to be at the Reds, aside from the fact that he would certainly like to play more. But Rodgers is happy with him and they are not thinking about a transfer.

22:03

Jimmy Kebe will see out the season at Leeds United, with his loan deal set to be completed despite picking up an injury. The winger linked up with the Whites in January from Crystal Palace.

April 21

That's it for today from the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch. Join us again on Monday morning as we continue to bring you all of the latest news and speculation.
    23:03

Tottenham head coach Tim Sherwood hopes the club can keep hold of Christian Eriksen in the summer. Eriksen has been one of the few shining lights in a disappointing season for Spurs, continuing his fine form with two assists as Fulham were overcome 3-1 on Saturday.
    You are always fearful that someone might come and take one of your best players and Christian is certainly one.
    22:48

Hertha Berlin will look to make Per Ciljan Skjelbred's loan deal permanent at the end of the campaign. The Norway international made a switch from Bundesliga rivals Hamburg last summer on a season-long agreement. Hertha are also planning on offering fresh terms to experienced Cameroon international Marcel Ndjeng.
    22:22

The agent of Lazio striker Keita Balde Diao claims his client is close to agreeing a contract extension. The 19-year-old has burst onto the scene this season, netting four goals in 21 appearances. Ulisse Savini told RadioMana Mana:
    We are very, very close to signing Keita's renewal. There are a few small things that need to be agreed, but I think a signature will be on the contract just after Easter.

22:09

Cruzeiro midfielder Nilton has played down reports linking him with a summer move to Serie A giants Inter Milan. Speculation in Italy has suggested that a deal for the 26-year-old will be pushed through at the end of the European season.
    21:32

David Moyes insists Danny Welbeck has an important role to play at Manchester United despite speculation the striker wants to leave Old Trafford.
    There have been lots of stories. I can only tell you Danny Welbeck is really important to me and really important to Manchester United.
    21:13

Chelsea are poised to hand a two-week trial to Chilean goalkeeper Felipe Ochagavia, who currently plays for O'Higgins. The Blues have raided the South American club for promising talent in the past, with the services of teenage left-back Cristian Cuevas secured in the summer of 2013.
    21:09

The agent of Fiorentina playmaker Josip Ilicic claims his client could be acquired for the right price this summer, with the Viola ready to cut their losses on a 9million euros signing from Palermo. Bernardo Brovarone told Radio Blu:
    I think the price that Fioretina paid for Josip could be their only mistake. But if someone came in with 7million or so, then maybe that would be taken into consideration by the hierarchy.

20:30

Spanish publication El Confidencial reports that Atletico Madrid are planning a summer swoop for Torino striker Ciro Immobile. Atletico are expecting to lose Diego Costa when the transfer window re-opens - with Chelsea heavily linked - and are in the process of lining up a replacement.
    20:24

Atletico Mineiro president Alexandre Kalil has said that he is considering taking Nicolas Anelka to FIFA. The 35-year-old had failed to report to the Brazilian club despite agreeing to a move on a free transfer after being released by West Bromwich Albion in March.
    19:37

David Moyes claims work is already underway at Manchester United to ensure that their summer rebuilding project has them in a position to fare considerably better in their second campaign under his guidance than they have in his first.
    We've already done that and we're doing that behind the scenes just now. We'll try and do everything we possibly can to get a team which is capable of winning better than we have done recently.

April 22

According to the Daily Mirror, Real Madrid will make a summer bid for Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero. Real will generate some funds for a move for the former Atletico Madrid forward by selling Karim Benzema to Paris St Germain in a £35million deal.
    6:56

Good morning and welcome back to the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch. Stay with us throughout the day for all the latest news and deals.
    23:02

Thanks for joining us tonight, we will be back in the morning from 7AM.
    22:03

FC Groningen have offered a trial to Fulham striker Dino Islamovic.
    22:02

Aberdeen have handed a first contract to attacking starlet Kalvin Orsi, Sky Sports understands.
    19:50

Ghana international Samuel Inkoom has claimed that West Ham United are one of five clubs looking to sign him.
    14:01

Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay says he's 'very happy' at the club, but also said 'we'll see' when asked about his future. Garay has regularly been linked with Manchester United and was reportedly watched by the Premier League club during Benfica's recent Europa League tie against Tottenham Hotspur.
    12:30

Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen's agent has claimed Napoli are interested in the Belgium international. However, Alex Kroes has told calciomercato.com that no decision on Vermaelen's future will be made until after the World Cup.

Yes, Napoli have been on the player and have stepped forward, but just as the Neapolitans have, other clubs have shown their interest and not just Italian clubs. Wait until after the World Cup, where Vermaelen is going to do his best, then we will face any kind of discourse for his future.
    11:42

There have been rumours that the likes of Manchester City and Paris St Germain are planning bids for Barcelona star Lionel Messi. However, Barcelona are determined to hang on to Messi and intend to improve the Argentina international's contract, which is due to expire in 2018.
    11:40

Former Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has confirmed he would like to stay at Monaco next season. Berbatov has impressed since joining Monaco on loan from Fulham before the January transfer window closed following an injury to Radamel Falcao.
    11:06

Hamilton striker Mickael Antoine-Curier has told Sky Sports that it is 'flattering' to be linked with other clubs. However, Antoine-Curier says his focus is on helping Hamilton to win the Scottish Championship and earning the chance to play in the Premiership.
    10:39

Ipswich Town winger Carlos Edwards is out of contract at the end of the season and he would be keen to stay at Millwall, where he is currently on loan. Millwall are unbeaten in five games since Edwards arrived at The Den at the end of March.
    10:13

Republic of Ireland international Stephen Ward is happy to put a decision on his future on hold until the end of the season. Ward has spent the campaign on loan at Brighton & Hove Albion from Wolves and is focused on the Seagulls' push for a playoff spot.
    9:51

We've taken a look through the morning papers to bring you some of the transfer lines doing the rounds:
    THE SUN: Tim Sherwood fears Tottenham could lose prized asset Christian Eriksen this summer.
    DAILY MIRROR: Manchester United may have to pay extra if they want Southampton's England midfielder Adam Lallana because Bournemouth are owed 25 per cent of any transfer fee.
    DAILY RECORD: Everton and Swansea are ready to rival Celtic in a £4million fight to sign Nick Powell from Manchester United.
    You can read the full version of Paper Talk here
    9:18

West Brom midfielder George Thorne is enjoying his loan spell at Derby County and he has been linked with a permanent move to the iPro Stadium. Thorne is not ruling out a long-term deal with Derby, but has confirmed he wants to be playing in the Premier League next season.
    8:57

Leeds United striker Ross McCormack only signed a four-year contract last August, but he is waiting to see if he will be offered a fresh deal by new owner Massimo Cellino. McCormack was a target for Premier League clubs Cardiff City and West Ham United in the January transfer window.

April 23

Check out the best video reaction to David Moyes' exit from Manchester United. We will be back in the TC next Monday for all the reaction to the latest twists and turns in the Premier League.

Thanks again to Phil: "In reply to Rich, I understand perfectly the timing of the decision in principle, but I still don't get the timing of the action. United are as capable as anyone else - if they have a preferred candidate - of a nod or a wink or a quiet telephone call; they don't need the public display of a sacking just to alert someone that the job is available. All this does is to show a club in self-inflicted disarray, rather like Spurs with AVB and Levy (and Man City on occasions too numerous to mention). Of course, if they really don't know who they want . . ."

Thanks again to Rich Lynn: "Further to my earlier post I've just heard that the compensation due to Moyes is less if they didn't qualify for Champions League. It was only after the Everton game that it became mathematically impossible so that might be the reasoning behind the timing of the decision. Would make sense."

Chris Flintstone: says: "Surely there is only one person that has the pedigree to succeed Moyes. He has enjoyed European success, boasts premier league experience and has managed big clubs. Moyes' successor has to be André Boas Villas, doesn't it? We can surely rely on him to spend the £200 million."

Hello to Gordon Mays: "As a Liverpool fan I'm gutted Moyes has gone as I wanted him at Old Trafford for everyday of that 6 year contract. An interesting prediction from Brad re Mourhinho as he would have been the perfect fit as highlighted by his comments on Saturday and his complete lack of class. He is rude, arrogant & obnoxious and the takeover from Fergie would have been seamless but like virtually all of Brad's predictions it wont happen because of Mourinho's love of Chelsea. Referring back to Brad's earlier posting this morning could I just say that all teams have injuries, some more than others but it is the way you cope with them that is important and whether your manager has provided sufficient cover within his squad. Liverpool have suffered injuries this season to Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Coutinho & Sturridge but instead of moaning just got on with the job in hand. I would have thought that Arsenal would have been pleased that virtually all of their injuries were confined to midfield as that is the only part of their squad where they have excellent cover as both in the back four and attack (Giroud only) their first choice players are not great and the cover non existent. Furthermore, I think Brad's comments regarding Liverpool benefiting from all refereeing decisions is muddled and he should be making this point regarding Man Utd last season the detail of which I have already highlighted in this column several times. Hopefully, Man Utd wont take my advice but I would have thought Steve Bruce would make a good manager for them - he has passion for the club, has proven his ability at a slightly lower level, would be capable of carrying out the major reconstruction of the squad which is much needed, has PL experience and is still young enough and with modern ideas to make a big impact."

Rich Lynn says: "In response to Phil, I assume that they have sacked Moyes now as they are after a manager that has been targeted by another club and want to make public that the Man U job is available - eg LVG. But they wouldn't be able to name him now as under contract with Holland. Giggs getting it is almost as absurd a suggestion as Terry getting the Chelsea job."

Afternoon to Rob Lynn: "Afternoon David and TC'ers.. Another interesting weekend with Liverpool keeping the pack behind. It will be interesting to see how King Brenny takes on Chelsea knowing a point is good enough. The amount of times they tried to play the ball out from the back and got caught out or nearly caught out will be very dangerous against a better side. Safety first in my opinion next week. And re Noel (08:55), seems not everyone bothers checking facts before they pipe up hey Noel, excellent work as ever owning Brad!"

Hello to Simon Fazakerley: "Really bad case of sour grapes from Brad this morning. If winning 11 on the bounce whilst your rivals inexplicably drop points constitutes "everything has fallen into place" then I guess he is right though. Yes Liverpool have fared well compared to others around them on the injury front over the last few months, but earlier in the season we've had spells without Gerrard, Sturridge, Agger, Sakho, Johnson, Enrique (all season), Allen, Coutinho, etc, etc. We came through our difficult spell and remained in touch, and if (big IF) we hold on will be deserved champions. As for "40 games", who were the last team not competing in the CL to win it? Thought not....you've had years of CL money to accumulate squads to compete in several competitions so that argument just doesn't stick! As for Moyes' replacement do TCers think United will go for an experienced manager capable of attracting top talent (regardless of no European football) or will they look to the new breed of young, tactically astute managers who will get the more from less? Could they go knocking at the gates of Goodison for the second time in a year?"

Hello to Phil Williams: "Moyes. Why now? What's the point? Giggs surely knows even less than Sherwood about how to run a top side, so he can't be permanent, even if he backs himself at 5/1 to win the last four games! If van Gaal has already been lined up, why not name him now so that he can assess the squad and decide on targets? After all, he's going to miss a fair chunk of the summer away in Brazil and concentrating on the Netherlands, which might mean another disastrous summer transfer window for United. There's no Klopp. Are they going to raid Everton again? Will Mike Ashley buy the Glazers out and install Pardew? Is there a Plan A, never mind a Plan B?"

Hello to Darshan Shah, who raises an interesting point: "Hey David, With Ryan Giggs now being appointed as a manager, will he be allowed to play any further? Or is it the end of an unbelievable career?" I am sure he can play on so it is just a question whether he feels he can contribute on the pitch. Or maybe he wants to separate himself from the players with the extra responsibility now.

Kumar says: "Don't see Mourinho taking over at United Brad. I thought Mourinho always wanted to take over from Fergie because he is the sort of a manager who would like to build a dynasty and leave behind a legacy. United would have provided him with the perfect platform for that and there would have been no meddling with his work as long as he was getting positive results. Chelsea can't give him that platform with long nose Roman at their helm. But, this time around I feel Roman will give him more space than he usually does. I still don't see that relationship lasting longer than maybe three seasons, but, at this point in time, I dont think Jose would be in a mood to leave Chelsea. Unless he wants to take up a real challenge and bring back a currently doomed United to its glory years and thus improve his resume. Highly unlikely though."

Welcome back to Martin Nugent: "Can only say that watching Bayern under van Gaal a few years ago was extremely tedious. This would not please Utd fans or PL fans! Interesting theory from Brad."

Hello again to Brad with an interesting theory: "My prediction is that United will go all out for Mourinho, and he will take it. Theres no way he wanted to succeed Fergie, but now he can go in there and clean up the mess. Not a dissimilar situation to when Rioch took over from Graham at Arsenal, only to last a year and then Wenger came in. This will leave the way for Terry to take over as Chelsea manager."

Thanks again to Kumar: "United made a mistake by not going for Mourinho when they could. Now Klopp is certainly ruled out. Even though I have watched Atletico quite a bit recently, I am not very familiar with Simeone to make a comment on him. So that just leaves Van Gaal, doesn't it? Would please Persie no end. Would it please the fans? Don't think so. Certainly not me. Sad story that Klopp update David."

Rich Lynn says: "Heard this morning that when doing constant defensive drills with the Man U defenders he showed them video footage of Phil Jagielka defending. I bet that went down well with the Man U defenders who have about 25 medals between them vs PJ's zero!!"
    One down already then United fans as Jurgen Klopp rules himself of the Old Trafford job: "Man United is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable.''
    Ryan Giggs has been confirmed as the interim manager of Manchester United while they fiddle around finding a full-time successor to Moyes.

April 27

Stoke boss Mark Hughes has revealed he plans to hold talks with Oussama Assaidi over making his loan move a permanent deal.

14:45

Celtic boss Neil Lennon expects Georgios Samaras to leave for a top-level European club - and admits he faces a tough task replacing the striker.
    Georgios hasn't come out and said this yet but I'd imagine he would be moving on
    in the summer.

10:59

Reports emanating from France claim Liverpool are in talks with Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette.
    8:55

PAPER TALK

For a full round-up of all the best stories from today’s tabloids and broadsheets, check out our updated Paper Talk feature, which includes the following transfer lines and many, many more.
    SUNDAY MIRROR: Schalke defender Sead Kolasinac has revealed that he is weighing up an offer from Manchester United over a potential summer move.
    DAILY STAR ON SUNDAY: Chelsea are planning an audacious £20m bid for Everton defender John Stones.
    SUNDAY EXPRESS: Liverpool and Tottenham are aiming to take advantage of the uncertainty at Manchester United by hijacking their bid for Southampton pair Luke Shaw, 18, and Adam Lallana, 25.

8:53

AC Milan are ready to sell striker Mario Balotelli, to Premier League clubs - with Arsenal or Tottenham potential buyers, according to the Sunday Express.
    8:52

The Sunday Mirror claims Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will make a summer move for Cardiff defender Steven Caulker.
    8:40

Good morning and welcome back to the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch. Stay with us throughout the day to keep up to date with all the latest news.
    23:00

That's it from the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch for today. Join us again from 9am on Sunday morning as we continue to bring you all of the latest news and speculation.
    22:46

Stuart Gray hopes he will receive the required backing from his board this summer to ensure that Sheffield Wednesday enter the next campaign stronger than they will finish the current one.
    There are a lot of players out of contract in the summer and I've evaluated what I've got. I know where I want to go with the club. It's just a case of sitting down with the chairman and seeing what the budget is so that we know what players we can attract to the club.
    22:19

Bolton manager Dougie Freedman will look to freshen up his squad over the summer, with a relegation battle having been successfully avoided.
    We will obviously bring one or two players in of the right profile over the summer and naturally one or two will move on. I've got to make sure that I've got one eye on the balance sheet.

April 30

Peter O'Neill writes: "Trying to play against a team who will "park a bus" the entire match and then spend at least 1/4 of the match time wasting is always going to be difficult to beat. Would you want to watch a team play this negatively every week? If they do happen to beat Atletico on Wednesday night (probably on penalties I imagine), I can only hope Real or Bayern give them a hiding in the CL Final. If Chelsea happen to win it playing the same negative way Mourinho is renowned for god help football!"

Philip Williams has kindly been in touch to join the debate: "I'm sorry but I don't buy all this 'Liverpool hater' stuff. The way that Chelsea played yesterday was, surely, nothing if not predictable - and teams have to have something up their sleeve to be able to counter it. It was ultimately professional and totally boring for anyone not a Chelsea fan, and I agree that they got away with time-wasting for far too long; but they didn't make any mistakes in their planning or execution while Liverpool did in both. Move on and plan better."

Chris Scott says: "How dare chelsea go to anfield and not just attack for 90 min. You play to your strengths and ours is not attack at the moment. I wish we had the 2nd round game against Man Utd over again because if Mourinho knew how poor they were going to be we wouldn't have sat back so much. As for team of the year, why doesn't Ivanovic ever get a mention? He's the most versatile player in the league and has had a great season."

Thanks to Noel Madden for getting in touch. He writes: "Hi Matthew. Firstly, my team of the season; Cech, Aspilicueta, Cahill, Kompany, Aspilicueta, Lalana, Gerard, Toure, Hazard, Suarez, Sturridge. In case anyone thinks there's a typo in there let me explain. This team will never play together so if someone has obviously shown themselves to be the best in 2 positions, as Aspi has, then there is every justification to name them in those 2 positions. As for anyone saying that Kompany shouldn't be in the team of the season; try putting any of your preferences beside Di Michelis for a season and see how they'd get on. Very rich of Mr. Mays to lambast the only pundit still on TV who has an anti-Liverpool bias. Paul Walsh and Graeme Souness made total fools of themselves yesterday. I do admit that Neville's comment that yesterday's game was 'a game for men' was definitely a low blow, though very funny."
    Ray Houghton says Jose Mourinho must produce a more attractive style of play to keep Roman Abrahamovich happy.

For those of you considering the goal difference conundrum, Sky Bet are offering 6/4 that the Premier League title race is decided by that method. Take the odds right here.

Rob Lynn: "Sorry for the over posting today but why do people think Mourinho or Chelsea set out for 0-0 in these games? They played in such a way that they would only concede to a moment of magic and were patient enough for Liverpool to make mistakes, which they did and they scored from them. Look at Mourinho's Inter against Barca and Bayern when they won the CL, it's exactly the same tactic. More fool the managers who don't pay enough attention to detail to try and beat it. As a last reminder, if 0-0 was what they wanted, why not just give the ball to Mignolet to stand there for 2x45 minutes? That would've been totally legal and Liverpool would've got the point that would've won the league. Head up Brenny in that case."

Gordon Mays has his say: "Regarding yesterday's match at Anfield, for me five things were clear - (1) Liverpool did not deserve to win but they certainly did not deserve to lose as they were the only team who wanted to play or win (2) Will the PL still be the most exciting league in the world when everyone copies Chelsea's new 9-0-1 formation intent on a 0-0 draw? (3) Will anyone ever get cautioned for time wasting again? Referee Atkinson warned them 17 times from the second minute onwards until eventually taking action in the 92 minute but only added 30 seconds extra time to the second half for time wasting as the 4 mins included 5 substitutions x 30 seconds each and one minute for synchronised cramp (4) Ashley Cole was extremely lucky not to get a red card for his elbow on Suarez which as usual the Liverpool player made little of (5) Gary Neville should be sacked because of his vitriolic hated of Liverpool, their players and supporters make both of his positions untenable. His comments during yesterday's match and on many previous occasions this season have been pathetic at best and despite an excellent playing career highlight a complete lack of knowledge of the game. I have never said Liverpool would win the PL this season and now they probably wont but they have given it their all and had a terrific season whatever happens plus they have easily achieved their pre-season goal of CL football. I knew all the Liverpool haters would have a field day today but please note the fat lady hasn't started singing yet."

Rob Lynn: "Not sure I agree with you there Matt. Say, for example, City win their last 3 games by the odd goal, that would make them +61. That would mean Pool would need to win by 12 goals in their last 2. I can see them beating this current Newcastle side 15-0, providing Suarez plays of course otherwise they'll struggle for a point."

Paul Cressy writes " Morning Matt, so Liverpool lose and the haters are out in force. Yes, we did not expect to lose yesterday and today should have been a day of celebration for we Liverpool supporters, but it's not. Let me just say if Chelsea had been able to field a full strength side ie Terry, Hazard, Ramires, Eto'o etc would the result have been the same? NO it would not of. Because Chelsea would have come to play football not defend with 10 behind the ball at all times. The tactics were bang on, so fair play - no excuses. Have we blown the title? Not necessarily. I fully expect us to win our last two games, but have we got the ability to score 10 or more goals in those two games? And that is without a favour from Everton!!! Could or will go to the wire now and I really did not expect that a few weeks ago....We keep believing." Only one team will be winning the title on goal difference Paul, if it's required, and that will be Manchester City. For GD to be needed City will have to have won all their remaining three games, which will make their GD lead an unassailable one. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, though.

Rich Lynn: "My team - Lloris, Coleman, Kocielny, Terry, Azper, Hazard, Yaya, Silva, Lallana, Suarez, Aguero. Manager - Sherwood, so if they lose to La Liga XI they are all rubbish and much of a muchness. If they win however, it's 100% down to the manager."

Ralph has kindly been in touch this morning, emailing: "Hi Matthew, what a great weekend for Sunderland. Not out of the woods yet though. As a Liverpool fan I must say I am just delighted about how well the team has done over the season. We were meant to be struggling to get 4th and are guaranteed at least 3rd. Sterling is going to develop into a fantastic player but I hope he is managed well and does not end up on the physio's table on a regular basis. My team of the year would be: Howard, Coleman, Mertssacker, Cahill, Zabaleta, Hazard, Toure, Gerrard, Silva, Suarez and Aguero. I would not mind if Szezesny replaced Howard in goals." Sunderland have just about performed this year's 'Great Escape' haven't they? Although I'd also class Crystal Palace in the same bracket given how things were looking when Tony Pulis was brought in.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast