Join Today

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Transfer Centre

Thursday May 1 Port Vale midfielder Chris Shuker has been forced to retire from playing due to injury. Shuker sustained

Thursday May 1

Port Vale midfielder Chris Shuker has been forced to retire from playing due to injury. Shuker sustained a knee injury almost six-and-a-half years ago and has suffered chronic problems with it since.

19:37

PSV Eindhoven have told highly-rated teenager Zakaria Bakkali that they will not improve their offer of a new contract. Bakkali, 18, has emerged as one of the most exciting young prospects in the Eredivisie and is reportedly on the radar of some of Europe#s top clubs, including Arsenal and Liverpool.
    18:56

Barnsley boss Danny Wilson will oversee a mass clear-out at Oakwell during the summer but refuses to predict when his new-look side will regain their Championship status. The Reds' defeat at Middlesbrough last week condemned them to relegation after eight seasons in the second tier and Wilson has confirmed "15 or 16" first-team squad members will be out of contract in the summer.

18:19

More now on the news that Middlesbrough goalkeeper Dimi Konstantopoulos has signed a new one-year deal, and boss Aitor Karanka has revealed the former Hartlepool man’s commitment since arriving was key to a new contract being offered.
    18:01

Paul Lambert says Aston Villa need to start spending big to avoid their seemingly constant battles to avoid relegation from the Premier League. The Scot has been linked with moves for Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez, Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott and Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby.
    I think a football club of this size needs that calibre of player. I'm not just talking about those three lads because it would be wrong for me to talk about them but we need that level of player for the size of this club, wherever they come from. This club needs big players.

17:38

Real Sociedad defender Inigo Martinez has insisted he would never consider switching to Basque Country rivals Athletic Bilbao. Martinez has been linked with a number of clubs, including Manchester United and Manchester City, after a magnificent season, but has ruled out ever moving to Bilbao.
    17:11

Rotherham manager Steve Evans says top scorer Kieran Agard will not get special treatment when it comes to earning a new contract. The club have the option to extend Agard's contract in the summer for an extra year but Evans is considering offering a long-term deal.
    However, despite his form and reported interest from other clubs, Evans says Agard must wait until the end of the season along with the rest of the out-of-contract players.

May 4

Sam Allardyce also spoke about the future of Ravel Morrison.

If Ravel does a good job he will be back with us next year and he will have a big pre-season with us and see where we will go from there.

14:45

Sam Allardyce is expecting a busy summer at West Ham as he looks to avoid any kind of race for Premier League survival.
    13:41

Turin based newspaper Tuttosport claims that Juventus have agreed a deal with Manchester United for Nani and will pay around £5million for the Portuguese winger.
    13:24

Marc Andre ter Stegen bid a tearful farewell to Borussia Monchengladbach's fans on Saturday before, during and after his final appearance for the club on home soil.
    12:08

Sunderland are set to re-open talks with Jack Colback and Phil Bardsley over new deals after they pushed towards Premier League safety.
    11:56

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he will be looking to bring in another forward this summer, but it will not be to replace Olivier Giroud.

There is perhaps room for an attacking player who can play in a different position to Giroud. Someone who can play with him as well.

11:36

Rumours are rife that Oscar could be sold by Chelsea this summer and Jose Mourinho has admitted to being disappointed by his form.
    11:03

QPR have announced that Dylan Carreiro, David Fitzpatrick, Sam Magri, Emmanuel Monthe, Mo Shariff and Peter Skapetis are all leaving the club. Skapetis has already agreed terms on a move to Stoke City.

QPR FC
    @OfficialQPR
    YOUNGSTERS RELEASED: Six Under-21s set to leave Loftus Road this summer qprng.rs/fT5wkH #QPR pic.twitter.com/NST8Lv3kiR

May 4, 2014ReplyRetweetFavorite

10:01

We've taken a look through the morning papers to bring you some of the transfer lines doing the rounds:
    THE PEOPLE: Manchester City prepare to launch a bid to take Chelsea wonder kid Andreas Christensen.
    THE SUN ON SUNDAY: West Ham are set to make a double raid on Sunderland, landing Lee Cattermole and Phil Bardsley.
    THE PEOPLE: Striker Wilfried Bony is a target for Arsenal, but Swansea have slapped a £20million price tag on him.
    STAR ON SUNDAY: Manchester United are set to launch a new raid for Cesc Fabregas.
    You can read the full version of Paper Talk here

May 7

Thanks for all the contributions earlier on today, we hope you enjoyed the debate. We'll return to the normal slot of Monday for the live Transfer Clockwatch next week.
    17:55
    Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti will retire from professional football at the end of the season. What a hero of a man. It seems like he belongs to another generation, when the likes of Christian Vieri and the rotund Ronaldo were at the peak of their powers. I won't ever forget Zanetti's brilliantly well-worked goal against England at France '98.
    16:45

Manuel Pellegrini seems pretty focused in this video, anyway.
    16:42
    Sergio Aguero won't be playing for Manchester City against Aston Villa tomorrow night. Will it make much difference? Probably not.
    16:30
    Afternoon all - emails to [email protected] for the remainder of the day should you still have something to get off your chest.
    16:20

Rich: 'Jay, I don't think you'll get as much for Suarez as we got for Bale so we will keep Eriksen and Chiriches and you can have Soldado, Capoue, Chadli, Paulinho and Lamela. Deal?'
    15:05

Rob Lynn: 'Catch 22 I suggest Jay. I'm sure we would've been able to sign better players had Bale stayed but you also have CL which is the main thing. If you keep your prized asset I think signing players will be pretty straight forward as long as the wages aren't a stumbling block which I doubt they are. Costa obviously doesn't realize what happens to strikers when they go to Chelsea so I think he's out of the question. No one will touch Falcao until he's proved he's over his ACL injury and even then, he's on 300k a week tax free so who knows if he just wants the money. Cavani is definitely possible, especially if his international teammate is still there and you definitely need 3 strikers to stay competitive in the league as well as the CL. I would guess centre halves will be first on the radar though, Caulker would be a bargain if less than 10m. It's also probably the right time to look for the long term replacement for Gerrard as he'll be 34 in 3 weeks' time.'
    14:40

Jay: 'Rob, he would be a huge loss of course, what the impact would be would depend on whom you replace him with. I'm a fan of Costa, Falcao and Cavani but totally different players. I like Bony actually also but it's not just the goals of Suarez, it's his assist ability, he would be very difficult to replace like for like, closest I can think of is Aguero but I don't think we'd get him...'
    14:05

Rob Lynn: 'Not looking for a bite here at all, but do the Pool TCers think they would capitulate to the level Arsenal have post Henry if they lost Suarez? If he went, who would you like to replace him assuming he would bring in a monumental fee?'
    13:20
    Wilfried Bony's agent has insisted that the Ivorian is more than happy to remain at Swansea.
    12:25

Ken Livermore: 'I don't know, I go away on holiday, and we are top of the PL, with our fate in our own hands. I come back to a loss against Chelsea, and a bizarre draw against Palace. Honestly, do I have to do it all! To be fair, the fact that us Reds are so disappointed just goes to show the progress we have made. Start of the season we were praying for a top 4 finish, let alone being runners up. Mind you, the way this season has gone could there be one final twist ? We all know that City love to make things difficult for themselves...come on Villa, come on Hammers!'
    12:10

Rich Lynn: 'Just seen two news stories. Man City fines £49m over 3 years (wonder if that gets included on bottom line as surely makes matter worse ..lol) and squad restricted to 21 for CL of which 8 must be home grown. Also, there is to be no rise in the CL wage bill. Next story, Man City to bid £164m in the summer for Messi. Ha ha. Assume he won't want any wages...'

May 8

Jay: "I imagine the glee here will be unbearable today but there you go. We had to win, we go 3-0 up and we start sniffing a gain in goal difference, a deflected goal gives them a sniff and fair play they took it. No excuses, we weren't tired, we were naive if anything. You can't always outscore everyone and we all know our defence hasn't been good enough this year, we are going to fall just short. Unless there is a huge slip up now by City then it's over for us. We have CL football again and we've had an amazing season, you can mock all you like, I'm proud of our season, how we've played, they style in which we've played and what we've achieved considering we were told constantly that City, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton are all better than us. As for Suarez tears, maybe tears are only ok if your John Terry or someone? He knew this was the moment we lost the league, it's an emotive game but Brad will be on his usual wind up."

Brad Smith: "Well that was jolly good fun. The team that played 41 games this season looked absolutely shattered in the last ten minutes last night. Can you imagine where Liverpool would be had they had extended cup runs or an energy sapping European campaign to deal with? 5th? 6th? Who knows, but the excuse of tiredness surely does not cut it. Maybe a pointer towards Man United next season, although their battle with spurs to not be top 6 this season is one of the funnier things the Premier League has seen. Can't be having Suarez sobbing on the pitch last night. What was that all about? I can only imagine crying like that at the unexpected loss of a loved one, utterly bizarre. Much like his bite last season, I reckon that's a ploy to get out "I'm heartbroken, I have to leave". Finally, still laughing at Real Madrid throwing away La Liga. Another team massively reliant on one player. That Ronaldo goal in the last minute was simply outrageous. Incredible."
    This was also very funny. Spurs get through social media managers quicker than they get through football managers.

For the seven humans who don't yet know what happened last night, 3-0 is a dangerous lead.

Mails to [email protected] please.

Here's today's Paper Talk, confirming that John Terry will get a new Chelsea deal. Or that he won't. Other tish and fipsy includes Spurs moving for Roberto Martinez as their new manager, and Thomas Muller joining Manchester United.
    Morning everyone. Well. That was a thing and a half, wasn't it? We'll try and be grown up about it. It wasn't at all funny. At all.

May 12

Bayer Leverkusen have confirmed the signing of striker Josip Drmic from Nurnberg. Drmic was linked with a move to Arsenal earlier this year, but Bayer have won the race for his signature on a five-year deal.

Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    @bayer04fussball
    #Bayer04 hat für die nächste Saison Josip #Drmic vom 1. FC Nürnberg verpflichtet. Der Stürmer unterschrieb bis 2019. pic.twitter.com/TiWuBnuDHt

May 12, 2014ReplyRetweetFavorite

11:27

Marco Reus has ruled out a summer move to Man Utd by insisting he is staying with Borussia Dortmund for next season.
    11:01

AC Milan playmaker Kaka has announced that he wants to remain at the Italian club next season despite the Rossoneri looking set to miss out on European football.
    11:00

Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler has reiterated his desire to stay at Schalke this summer. The 20-year-old has been a target for Arsenal over the past 12 months and they showed an interest both last summer and in January.
    10:32

Sky Sports understands a host of Premier League clubs are weighing up a move for Swansea defender Neil Taylor. The likes of Tottenham, Southampton, West Ham and Hull City are all keeping tabs on Taylor who is considering his future at the Liberty Stadium.
    10:28

Georgios Samaras has revealed that his time at Celtic is set to come to an end but says he had been keen to stay. The Greek striker has been with the cub since January 2008, having joined on an initial loan deal from Manchester City before making the move permanent six months later.
    I'm leaving, that's for sure, but it was not my decision. I never had an offer from the club.

10:18

Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban admits he is flattered by interest being shown in him.
    8:34

PAPER TALK
    Here's what's making headlines on the back pages this morning...
    DAILY MAIL: Chelsea have opened talks with Atletico Madrid in an attempt to complete the £32m signing of striker Diego Costa ahead of the World Cup.
    DAILY MIRROR: Hull City are interested in Cardiff striker Fraizer Campbell, 26, who wants to leave the club after Premier League relegation and would be available for as little as £800,000 because of an escape clause in his contract.
    DAILY STAR: Manchester City, Arsenal and Manchester United are eyeing 34-year-old Barcelona playmaker Xavi, despite the Spain international still having two years left on his contract.
    More on those stories and plenty others in our full Paper Talk feature.
    8:21

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho admits this summer's transfer market holds the key to his side's title bid for next season.
    Next season if we do our work in a successful way in the summer market, which I know the club is trying to do everything to make that a successful period for us, then if we do that I want to start day one saying we are going to fight for the title

6:38

Good morning and welcome back to our live Transfer blog, we will have all the morning's top headlines for you shortly in Paper Talk.
    23:29

That's you lot for Sunday's transfer's updates...join us again on Monday morning. Thank you and good night.
    22:42

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew insists he has not given up on the chase to sign striker Loic Remy on a permanent deal.
    We're not completely resigned (on Remy), we're working hard to keep him. He has been an important part of our season - if you take him away, we'll need to replace him for sure.

May 13

Thank you for joining us in the TC. We will be open on Mondays until the end of the World Cup so join us right here again next week at the same time.

Our video index has details on both of tonight's big stories.
    Rio Ferdinand has said: "I have thought long and hard over the last few months about my future, and after 12 fantastic years playing for what I regard as the best club in the world, I have decided the time is right for me to move on."

Here's the second huge story. Chelsea have agreed a £32million deal with Atletico Madrid for striker Diego Costa, according to Sky sources.
    Two massive stories to bring you late on tonight. We start with the news Rio Ferdinand has confirmed his time at Manchester United will end this summer.
    Swansea have announced the release of strike duo Leroy Lita and David Ngog, while Roland Lamah and Alvaro Vazquez have returned to their Primera Division parent clubs.

Another one bites the dust. Brighton have accepted the resignation of manager Oscar Garcia.
    No surprise, but Fulham boss Felix Magath expects loan signings Darren Bent and Lewis Holtby to return to their parent clubs following the Cottagers' relegation with no prospect of the moves being made permanent.

Kevin: "Fair enough point Dave, but outside, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina, Netherlands (who have never won the tournament), which nations consistently perform so much better at the World Cup? This is my point. There are 6 or 7 teams who typically produce on the top stage. Spain underachieved for decades before their recent successes. France are hit and miss. I just don't see which teams ahve been that much better on the international stage than England over the last 10 years. Portugal? They're performances have been about the same - hit and miss. They needed a playoff to qualify this time around. Who are all these teams who are so much better and so much more consistent than England?" I wasn't particularly having a go at England; the comment actually came as a response to someone saying they wouldn't get out of the group. I completely agree that England are a solid (and consistent, which was exactly the point) 'second tier' nation. Excellent record in qualifying, very good record in the group stages, terrible record in knockout games.
    So these official team slogans for the World Cup are predictably awful/funny. England's is truly terrible, but at least it's not as bad as Australia's.

Rob: "I would've put no goalscorer but thought that might not make sense to some of the viewers. Always safer when the likes of Frank Sinclair, Jamie Carragher or Martin Skrtel are about." I call it Ramon Vega Insurance

Stuttgart have named Armin Veh their new head coach.

Rob: "Kevin, If one man can take a mediocre side to almost being PL champions, I would say that with Cavani alongside he could be more than enough to beat England. Time will tell. I'll certainly be backing 0-0 vs Italy to get the ball rolling." England v Italy No Goalscorer - will be the most popular bet of the whole World Cup.

Rich: "This is still my favourite.... TS: "I watched him (Christian Eriksen) at 17 years of age at Wembley for Denmark and I rang [Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy the day after and said that he needed to sign this boy - £10million later he is finally here, so that is all good news" CE: "I have never played at Wembley"."

Kevin Brown: "England are very good at qualifying for tournaments, getting through the group stage, and then immediately getting knocked out"? You probably should do some fact checking. Of the 21 times England have played in a major tournament, they've failed to get past the first knockout round only 9 times. That's less than half. When you also consider that 8 of those competitions were the European Championships which typically has a stronger overall field than the World Cup, I wouldn't say that they're known for immediately getting knocked out. As to Rob's comment, Uruguay aren't any better than England. Outside their strikers who do they have that would strike terror into any heart? Italy are notorious slow starters so I think England will progress from the group, beat Colombia in the R16 and lost to Brazil in the quarters. That would put them where they belong. Top 10 in the world but defintiely not top 5." In the last eight major tournaments, England have qualified for seven, got through the group stage of six and gone out in the first knockout round four times. The other two times they beat deeply mediocre teams in the last 16 and lost in the quarter-finals at the first sight of proper opposition in the knockouts. England have been past the quarter-finals of a major tournament four times ever and haven't emerged victorious from any knockout game against high-quality opponents since Euro 96 (and that was on penalties, against a Spain side that wasn't really all that). I think it's a fair summary.

May 15

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony has revealed he has turned down a £2million bid for one of the club's players. The businessman refused to reveal the identity of the player concerned although he did say it was not for highly-rated striker Britt Assombalonga, who scored 33 goals this season as Posh lifted the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Wembley and reached the League 1 play-offs.
    17:33

Former Sheffield Wednesday defender Reda Johnson feels he is ready for a new challenge after his contract at Hillsborough came to an end.
    I have spent five years in England and I want to continue playing here as it is the best place to play football.

17:28

West Bromwich Albion have taken up a year's option to extend Graham Dorrans' stay at The Hawthrons, as his contract was due to expire. With the option in place, the club have also opened talks over a new deal with the hope of agreeing an extended stay with the 27-year-old.

17:23

Charlie Nicholas says there could be a chain reaction of departures from Southampton if Liverpool target Adam Lallana leaves this summer. Morgan Schneiderlin has also been linked with a move to Liverpool and Arsenal, while Luke Shaw is a target for Manchester United.
    17:21

Andrea Orlandi, who is one of six players leaving Brighton when their contracts expire this summer, has revealed his disappointment and sadness to have been released.
    My youngest daughter was born here and I was hoping to stay here a lot longer but that is football.

16:59

Sky Sports understands a host of clubs are weighing up a move for Port Vale midfielder Chris Lines. The former Sheffield Wednesday man is out of contract this summer and he has yet to agree a new deal at Vale Park, although Micky Adams' side are keen to retain his services.
    16:45

Sky Sports understands that Premier League-bound Leicester City are closing in on the signing of Charlton goalkeeper Ben Hamer, who is out of contract at The Valley and has yet to agree terms on a new deal with the Addicks.
    16:40

Cheltenham boss Mark Yates insists Scott Brown will not be given a deadline to commit his future to the club. The 29-year-old has been with the Robins for 10 years and was offered a new deal this week - but Yates says their goalkeeper is well within his rights to see what else is out there.
    16:38

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright is confident striker Stevie May will commit his future to the club after Saturday's Scottish Cup final against Dundee United.
    This season has got better and better for him. He feels better playing regularly and playing in Scotland for at least another year, so hopefully we can get a deal sorted out after the cup final.

May 16

LATEST HEADLINES

Messi agrees new Barcelona deal
    Suarez happy at Liverpool
    Ferdinand to decide future
    Latest transfer odds
    17:16

Steve Mandanda has been linked with a summer move, but insists he has received no approaches and expects to stay at Marseille. Reports have suggested that the highly-rated goalkeeper is among those Arsenal are keeping a close eye on, with Arsene Wenger expected to recruit in that area when the transfer window re-opens.
    16:56

Swansea City defender Kyle Bartley is hoping to extend his stay at the Liberty Stadium with a year remaining on his current deal there. The 22-year-old, who joined from Arsenal in 2012, spent the first half of the season on loan at Championship side Birmingham City before returning to South Wales to feature just three times in all competitions.
    16:41

Wolfsburg's Brazilian defender Naldo has extended his contract until 2016 and set his sights on winning some silverware with the club. The 31-year-old, who joined from Werder Bremen in 2012, has become a stalwart of the Wolfsburg back line, and helped them to qualify for the Europa League next season.

Chelsea's David Luiz is odds-on to join Barcelona but are Bayern Munich making a move to land the Brazilian after his odds were slashed from 20/1 to 6/4 second favourite in the betting. Check out the latest odds. New to Sky Bet? Claim a free matched bet of up to £30 now!
    16:13

[doncaster]Doncaster have also announced their retained list. Billy Paynter is among those granted a free transfer, while Ross Turnbull and David Cotterill have seen their contracts expire.

Doncaster Rovers FC
    @drfc_official
    The Retained list is out: doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/r… #DRFC #inroverswetrust
    May 16, 2014ReplyRetweetFavorite

16:11

Long-serving Michael Duff and fellow defenders Daniel Lafferty and Luke O’Neill, along with midfielder Junior Stanislas, have been offered contract extensions at Burnley. David Edgar among those released.

Burnley FC
    @BurnleyOfficial
    Quartet Offered New Terms
    burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/q…

16:09

Two promising youngsters at Tranmere, Sam Ramsbottom and Liam Davies, have signed professional terms.

Tranmere Rovers FC
    @tranmererovers
    Sam Ramsbottom And Liam Davies Sign First Professional Contracts po.st/p6iXGG http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnw6i-HIEAAiSCn.jpg

16:09

Matthew Dolan has completed a switch to Bradford from Middlesbrough and penned a one-year contract.

Bradford City AFC
    @officialbantams
    #bcafc - Matthew Dolan's permanent move to the Coral Windows Stadium confirmed - DOLAN SIGNED UP bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/d…

15:21

Diego Costa could be on his way to Chelsea this summer and Sky Sports La Liga expert Terry Gibson reckons the Atletico striker is the perfect fit for Jose Mourinho’s team.

14:39

Blackburn Rovers have released 16 players and have not yet agreed new contracts with either David Dunn or Marcus Olsson.

May 17

Jozy Altidore intends to be back at Sunderland next season as he still has the full backing of manager Gus Poyet.

16:49

Non-league ace Mickey Demetriou is being lined up for a summer move to the Football League, Sky Sports understands.
    16:46

Stevenage have released nine players as they prepare for life in League Two, including top scorer Francois Zoko. Steve Arnold, Matt Ball, Jordan Burrow, Anthony Furlonge, Michael Thalassitis and Oumare Tounkara are the other eight to be released.
    16:44

Swindon striker Paul Benson will sign for Luton this summer when he is officially released by the Robins.
    16:38

Neil Taylor admits he cannot say with any certainty whether he will be at Swansea City next season. The Wales international was the subject of a failed bid from Fulham in January.
    I can't say whether I expect to be here or not - players don't know as much as you think. I can't tell you what's going to happen because I don't know.
    16:34

Charlton midfielder Danny Green is weighing up offers from a number of Championship and League One clubs, Sky Sports understands. Green is available on a free transfer as he is out of contract at The Valley this summer.
    16:14

Inter Milan's technical director Piero Ausilio has confirmed that his club are among those looking to land Tom Ince. The highly-rated winger ended the 2013/14 on loan at Crystal Palace, having made the step up into the Premier League from Blackpool.
    He's a young player with an expiring contract who is weighing up several offers.
    16:05

Javier Hernandez says he is looking forward to the new season after a frustrating campaign at Manchester United. Speculation surrounds the striker's future, with Inter Milan the latest club to be linked with him, but he has two further years on his current deal at Old Trafford and has no intention of leaving this summer.
    16:02

Here’s a neat wrap up of the latest gossip from the papers from the team at Sky Sports News Radio including a double raid by Liverpool on Southampton and a striker swap at Chelsea.

15:49

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva claims to have received 'no offers' from Inter Milan as reports link him with a move to Italy.
    I can say that at the moment I have received no offers. Liverpool have never contacted me regarding this possibility.
    15:47

Burnley have joined the chase for highly-rated Bournemouth defender Steve Cook, Sky Sports understands.
    15:33

Cheltenham winger Jermaine McGlashan will leave Whaddon Road after turning down the offer of a new contract. The 26-year-old informed boss Mark Yates of his decision on Friday night and will leave the club after two-and-a-half years and 116 appearances for the Robins.

May 19

Brentford boss Mark Warburton is keen to keep hold of striker Marcello Trotta after his loan spell from Fulham. Trotta played a key role in helping Brentford secure promotion to the Championship, with his 13 goals ensuring the Bees will be up against his parent club next term, following Fulham's relegation from the Premier League.
    17:11

Bolton have already announced the signings of Liam Trotter and Neil Danns ahead of the 2014/15 campaign, and now the Championship outfit have confirmed they will also be signing Liam Feeney on a free transfer from Millwall for next season. The 27-year-old spent a month on loan with Wanderers in September / October 2013, making four appearances.

Bolton Wanderers FC
    @OfficialBWFC
    TRANSFER NEWS: Wanderers will complete the signing of Liam Feeney on a two-year deal when his current deal with @MillwallFC expires. #BWFC
    May 19, 2014ReplyRetweetFavorite

16:57

Sky Bet's Steve Bramley joined Sky Sports News Radio earlier to discuss all the latest transfer specials. Could James Milner be on the move as one of a number of potential arrivals at Arsenal? There could be one in at Manchester City, and find out who's in pole position to snap up Rio Ferdinand...

16:54

Ryan Giggs has confirmed his retirement from football after a 24-year playing career at Manchester United, as he prepares to become Louis van Gaal's assistant. In this special video, we look back on his illustrious career.

16:44

Tranmere have now issued a statement to explain the sale of top scorer Ryan Lowe to his former club Bury. Rovers chief executive Jeremy Butler claims Lowe's stated desire for a new two-year deal coupled with the offer they received from Bury made a sale the best option. He told the club's official website:
    We do not feel it is prudent for Tranmere Rovers to give a 35-year-old player an improved two-year contract when he still has 12 months left to run on his current deal. We feel the fee Bury are paying for Ryan is excellent value for this football club and the money will be put into the budget to sign new players for next season.

16:23

The vice-chairman of newly-promoted Leicester says he wants to make the team "strong" this summer. Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha told the Leicester Mercury:
    It may take time but the team we have got now and with a few recruitments, I think the first season we just have to aim to stay there. Then we will get stronger every season.

Cheltenham Town have snapped up right-back Lee Vaughan on a two-year deal. The 27-year-old helped Kidderminster to seventh spot in the Conference last season. However, he'd been with the Harriers for four years and felt it was the right time to move up to a higher level.

Cheltenham Town FC
    @CTFCofficial
    Lee Vaughan with Mark Yates earlier today after putting pen to paper. #CTFC pic.twitter.com/Xo4xH7LCZh

16:16

Northern Ireland international centre-back Rory McArdle has put pen to paper on a new contact at Bradford City, keeping the 27-year-old at Valley Parade until summer 2017.

Bradford City AFC
    @officialbantams
    BREAKING NEWS - Rory McArdle signs a new three-year deal with the football club #bcafc

16:16

Manchester United failed in their bid to sign Cesc Fabregas last summer but is Louis van Gaal a fan of the Barcelona midfielder? The former Arsenal man remains odds-on to move to Old Trafford before September 2. Check out all our transfer specials now.
    16:14

Ryan Giggs' Premier League playing career for Manchester United in minutes, hours and days!

Premier League
    @premierleague
    Ryan Giggs has played 46,433 minutes of #BPL football. That's nearly 774 hours (or more than 32 days) of playing time pic.twitter.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast