Join Today

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Transfer Centre

Transfer News Here's some more transfer lines from the Sunday papers. THE SUN ON SUNDAY: Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin could

Transfer News

Here's some more transfer lines from the Sunday papers.
    THE SUN ON SUNDAY: Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin could be lined up as the replacement for Mikel Arteta at Arsenal.
    SUNDAY PEOPLE: Sweden left-back Mikael Dyrestam has emerged as a free-transfer target for Bolton.
    DAILY STAR SUNDAY: Isco is unsettled at Real Madrid - so Manchester City may try to sign him again in the summer.
    For more, check out Paper Talk.
    12:17

A Manchester United spokesman has said that reports of Wayne Rooney having penned a new contract worth 300,000 a week and running until summer 2018 are premature.
    There is no deal, which is why we haven't announced it.

11:59

Sky Sports News
    @SkySportsNews
    Manchester United say Wayne Rooney has yet to sign a new deal - details #SSN
    Feb. 16, 2014ReplyRetweetFavorite

10:00

Sunday Supplement panel guest Charlie Wyett believes Wayne Rooney, who is set to sign a new four-and-a-half year contract at Manchester United, has bought into the David Moyes philosophy.

9:34

PAPER TALK
    Here's the pick of the transfer stories from Sunday's newspapers...
    THE SUN ON SUNDAY: Manchester City's Micah Richards is an 8million target for Liverpool and Galatasaray.
    SUNDAY EXPRESS: Chelsea are keen to sign injured Germany midfielder Sami Khedira from Real Madrid.
    THE PEOPLE: Levante goalkeeper Keylor Navas is being tracked by both Liverpool and Everton.
    Read our full Paper Talk feature for plenty more transfer gossip.
    9:29

Wayne Rooney's contract situation at Manchester United plus the future of Patrice Evra both feature heavily in Sky Sports News' Paper Review.

9:27

Welcome back to the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch this Sunday morning. Coming up, we'll bring you all the latest from the back pages of the newspapers, plus Sunday Supplement discussion.
    23:00

That's it for today from the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch. Join us again from 9am on Sunday morning as we continue to bring you all of the latest news and speculation.
    22:45

Espanyol goalkeeper Kiko Casilla has brushed aside transfer talk and confirmed that he wants to sign a new contract. The 27-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from his Catalan employers, with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United among those reported to be keen on acquiring his services.
    20:31

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has no fears regarding Iker Casillas' state of mind as he forms part of a rotation policy. Once the undisputed number one for club and country, the Spain international now finds himself filling back-up duties at Santiago Bernabeu and has been linked with a move to several clubs across Europe - including Arsenal.
    18:08

Julio Cesar has heaped praise on Brazil's managerial team after sealing his loan move to Toronto, with the Queens Park Rangers keeper more than pleased to have joined the MLS outfit. Cesar told Globo Esporte how happy he was with Brazilian management duo Luis Felipe Scolari and Carlos Alberto Parreira, who have stood by him despite not playing for QPR this season.
    What Luis Felipe Scolari and Carlos Alberto Parreira have been doing for me is incredible. I never feared being out of the national team as my relation with Scolari and Parreira has always been very open.

14:30

Doncaster confirm signing of Jordan Bowery from Aston Villa.

Doncaster Rovers FC
    @drfc_official
    We are delighted to announce the loan signing of Aston Villa striker Jordan Bowery. See official website for more details #Drfc
    Feb. 15, 2014ReplyRetweetFavorite

13:24

According to Spanish daily Marca, Real Madrid have opened talks with Karim Benzema over a new deal. His current contract runs until 2015

Monday February 17

Big news possibly coming for Manchester United fans with Press Association Sport understanding Wayne Rooney is expected to sign a new five-and-a-half year contract with Manchester United in the next 48 to 72 hours.
    10:43

Rich Lynn comments: 'Tim, Pellegrini will win his first major trophy this season. Of that you can be sure. It's just a question of how many. My guess is three (if Capital One Cup regarded as major - two if not)'
    10:22

Back to Red Ken: 'Rob, the thing is we had the chances to win the game without the penalty, and we failed to take them. To be honest, when has a referee had the courage to award a side two penalties in such a game? It was never going to happen. The big thing for me was the way we played throughout the game. BR has taken a squad the finished seventh, and made them into a team that can really challenge for trophies. God willing we will get the top four position we deserve, and then a chance to strengthen with players from the 'top table'. Being realistic I have to be delighted at our progress, and the potential for the following seasons. If we do finish in the top four, then BR has to be a cert for manager of the season.' Tony Pulis for me as manager of the season if Palace stay up.
    10:20

J comments: 'As Ken stated, no point moaning about Webb, we weren't given the second penalty and even if we did, it's possible we would have missed it so we'll never know will we. If Sturridge had taken his two early chances it could have been 2-0 after six minutes and maybe game over, we didn't take out chances and Arsenal did so no complaints, it was a good old fashioned cup tie in the end. We discussed before these two games that if we had to win one of them, it would be the league we preferred (not saying at all that yesterday wasn't important) and it's the three points we got, they could be critical when it comes down to the end of the season, FA Cup win or CL football, only one winner there for me.'
    10:14
    The morning stories on Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho and Manuel Pellegrini may give you something to talk about.
    10:02

Tim writes: 'Just a couple of comments in response to the weekend. Firstly, Liverpool had a stonewall penalty but so did Arsenal. I've watched it back and Agger clearly pulls Ozil back in the box. Plus Gerrard, Podolski and arguably Coutinho could have been sent off so not Howard Webb's best day. Can I just mention Sanogo as well, looked twice the player Giroud is and would be my regular starter in front of Giroud. Suarez also needs to stop going down like he's been shot every time he gets touched as well...I'm convinced that's why he didn't get the penalty. City cannot do the quadruple I'm afraid Rich, they have a manager that has never won a major trophy. I don't think they will win the league and will struggle against Barca who were outstanding at the weekend. I'm afraid that the way they play is not sustainable for a full season and Liverpool are adopting a similar style. The all-out attack mentality does not win the major trophies because however good to watch the players can't sustain it every game, especially now the Champions League is starting and they will be two games behind in the Premier League after next weekend.'
    09:55

Rob Lynn responds: 'Fair play to Ken's tongue biting but Webb certainly didn't miss it, he was as close to the incident as I am to my keyboard typing this!'
    09:48

Here's Red Ken's take on yesterday's match at the Emirates: 'Morning Nick, am not going to come on here and start griping about the referee, he missed it, and that's that. The thing is that the big winner yesterday was football itself. Two teams, both playing great flowing football and both going for it. It was a game of punch, and counter punch and a game that continued to build as it progressed. In truth neither team deserved to lose, but Arsenal did and good luck to them. A lot was being made in Liverpool that if Sturridge scored he would set a new club record for consecutive scoring. I can't help but wonder if he was trying too hard to make his chances safer to score, and thus actually making a mess of them? I know it is the old clich?hat the team 'can now concentrate on the league', but that is exactly what we can do. We now have to go flat out, and try not to drop a point for the rest of the season. I can't wait for the games against City, and Chelsea, they have the potential to be real classics. On another matter, well done to Arsene Wenger for his dignified response to the 'Gobby One'. You can't buy true class, you either have it, or you don't!!!'
    09:41

Greetings to Brad Smith: 'Morning everyone. Cracking match yesterday. And I agree Arsenal were a little fortunate regarding the penalty. Two good sides though. Excellent entertainment. I'd also like to point out that Skrtel kicked Cazorla in the box which was a clear penalty, and perhaps if Suarez didn't throw himself to the ground like he had been shot, he might get more? His ridiculous overreaction to the Ox challenge was why he didn't get it. Live by the sword etc...Anyhow, perhaps Arsenal can now move on from the 'crisis'. Nothing to say about Jose. We all know about him. And as for Bayern, as previously stated, the squad is not big enough to cope with attack on all fronts. At this point, I would take top 3 and an FA Cup final.'
    09:35

Rich Lynn writes: 'Anyone have any idea whatsoever why Webb didn't give the penalty? This is where they need to be interviewed after the game as I'm sure the whole world would like to know. Can only imagine it was Suarez's ridiculous dive. With the first one he just went down normally and got it. The second one we had an arched back, a kind of headstand forward roll and no doubt a huge squeal. It does appear that his cheating is catching up with him. I must apologise to all the Reds on here though. I backed Sturridge for first goal so that was the end of any chance he had to score. On Jose, while his comments were of course ill timed (should never say anything when about to face the best team in the country away) I don't think he said anything wrong did he? I don't see any manager in top flight world football keep their job when not won anything for 8 years. Think the City treble is now starting to look almost likely rather than possible. Surely they can't do the quadruple though? Can they?'
    09:31

Paul Cressy writes: 'Morning Nick. Let's get this out of the way first. Extremely disappointed with the FA Cup result against Arsenal. Having run them ragged again at times we had more than enough chances to win three games, let alone this one. As for the referee, who is supposedly the best we have in the Premiership that is twice this season he has got major decisions wrong in our games (against Chelsea, Eto'o/Suarez) and now Chamberlain/Suarez. Both blatant penalties and will not surprise me if he is stood down for the week!!! As for the Premiership, all guns blazing now, great position to be in and with City, Chelsea and Spurs to come to Anfield it could quite possibly be ours to lose! I did not ever expect to be saying that statement!!!!!!'
    09:21

Rob Lynn joins the discussion: 'Morning Nick and fellow Tcer... I guess its Arsenal/Pool and Mourinho on the agenda today. Liverpool were very unlucky and deserved at least a replay. The first time in recent memory that Sturridge forgot his shooting boots and it also appears Webb has gone off Man U and decided just to be utterly useless. Monreal straight red, Gerrard could've had about five yellows along with Podolski. Quite embarrassing that he's supposedly the best we've got, it must infuriate the other PL refs. And on Jose, I really hope his comments come back to haunt him this season and Wenger summed him up well as an embarrassment.'

February 18

Birmingham have scaked assistant manager Terry McDermott and first-team coach Derek Fazackerley, according to Sky Sources.

Martin Nugent writes: "I wasn't going to comment today but I disagree with Tony F's comments. Arsenal won and well done, but they rode their luck. Liverpool were pressing them and looked good going forward. As in some other games of late, we looked shaky at the back. If we can solve these problems, make useful additions in summer then we can challenge for the title. To say it's Liverpool's "for the taking" is ludicrous. Holding onto 4th place is vital to keep the good players and attract new ones. But we now have 12 massive games, which we have to approach with the same mentality as Arsenal and Everton at home. Have a good week everyone"
    Interesting comment from Manuel Pellegrini as he claims Manchester City have overtaken Manchester United as the dominant force in the city this season.

Tony F writes: "Regarding the Arsenal and Liverpool match I'd agree with others that it appeared not to be his finest game for Howard Webb as others referees would probably have given a penalty for the Oxlade-Chamberlain tackle on Suarez. However, things evened themselves out as the actual penalty that was given was more a case of the latter's left foot going under Podolski's making it appear to be a trip when it was more a 'coming together' rather than an actual foul. The lack of a goal celebration after the penalty was probably down to the embarrassment of the Liverpool players for a non-penalty. And certainly he could have given Gerrard the second yellow for the foul on Podolski: all-in-all the result was fair and were I an Arsenal fan I'd be happy that with five reserves in the side they won in fairly convincing style even if it adds to the fixture list in the weeks and months ahead. As for Liverpool, without any Cup/CL/Europa League distractions it clears the way for a very real assault on the title and conversely were I a follower of Liverpool I'd be less than disappointed if they didn't go on to claim the title; surely it must be theirs for the taking."

The Sporting Life Accumulator is now out for Tuesday night's action and you can back it at a juicy 33/1 with Sky Bet.

St Johnstone have handed centre-half Frazer Wright a one-year extension to his contract.
    Lewis Holtby has his say on Felix Magath's arrival at Fulham.

Hamburg have appointed Mirko Slomka as their new coach 48 hours after showing Bert van Marwijk the door.
    This story puts Chris Hughton under a bit more pressure at Norwich.

Phil Williams writes: "I do find Mourinho intensely irritating at the moment; but I had to smile after Chelsea failed to get a single shot on target against City on Saturday when he shrugged and said, "Jovetic is their fourth striker." Since he has a full squad of players out on loan (including Lukaku) as well as the full squad registered to play, whose fault is it that he doesn't have someone he can call a fourth striker?"
    Steven Gerrard talks about Liverpool's FA Cup exit in this story.
    Schalke snubbed an offer from Arsenal for Julian Draxler in January and are confident no summer sale will be sanctioned.

Red Ken writes: "Owners, managers, and players come and go, but the fans are forever. Surely we have now reached a situation where fans should have some sort of input a board level? Fulham fans were embarrassed when the infamous statue went up outside their ground, but that pales into insignificance in light of recent events. Cardiff are now watching the bluebirds playing in red, and Hull City could soon become Tigers. Yes, clubs need the financial support that foreign owners can supply, but should the clubs become the playthings of someone with a fat wallet? Surely it would be possible for the authorities to bring in a binding fan involvement for all clubs? It seems to work well in Germany. It should be remembered by owners that when they buy a club, they also buy its history, and they need to be guided in certain areas. At the end of the day, the clubs need the fans as much as the fans need their clubs, and in general terms the owners and the fans both want their teams to do well. If as an owner you involve your fans you are more likely to do better: a happy fan will spend more supporting his/her team."

Over to Gordon: "I'm afraid that I just can't take on board some of the earlier comments posted regarding yesterday's match at The Emirates in particular the one from Ken (10.20) saying you are never going to get two penalties in one game - he talks of referees having courage which is rubbish it is called DOING YOUR JOB !!! Referees are there to make decisions based on what happens in front of their eyes and because Howard Webb had already correctly awarded Liverpool a penalty a few minutes earlier should not stop him awarding the second spot kick. This is the third big away match since Christmas where Liverpool have been badly treated by the referees (1) Disallowed goal by Sterling at Man City (2) Failure to red card Eto'o after 4 mins at Chelsea (3) Failure to give stonewall second penalty yesterday. On each occasion Liverpool have played really well and got nothing out of the game. Howard Webb is a disgrace to his profession as he was in charge in two of those games plus he was the man who incorrectly sent off Andy Carroll a fortnight ago at West Ham - personally I will never ever forget the mess he made of the last World Cup final when he failed to red card at least four Holland players but he continues to be held in such high esteem - why??? - The only time I ever see him have a good game is when there are no major decisions to be made. The sooner we use technology for all major decisions the better. For the record Gerrard should have been sent off yesterday for two yellows, again the second one not given when it was an easy decision as was the yellow for Podolski in the first half also not given."

February 20

10:21

Werder Bremen general manager Thomas Eichin has revealed the club is in talks with Stoke City target Aaron Hunt over a new contract with his current deal due to expire in the summer
    10:08

Reports in Portugal suggest that Sporting Lisbon are prepared to snub Premier League interest in high-rated winger Carlos Mane. Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool have all had the talented teenager watched by scouts at some stage this season.
    9:44

Newcastle defender Mathieu Debuchy has cast doubt over his long-term future, admitting he does not know where he will be next season after being linked with the likes of Paris Saint Germain and Bayern Munich.
    PSG? I am here until the end of the season and for next year, I do not know.

9:11

Yeovil Town have raided Sky Bet Championship rivals Huddersfield Town to sign midfielder Duane Holmes on loan.

YTFC Official
    @ytfcofficial
    Welcome to #YTFC @DuaneHolmes
    Feb. 20, 2014ReplyRetweetFavorite

8:36

Manchester United youngster Davide Petrucci is still hopeful of breaking into the first-team at Old Trafford, but admits he would consider another loan move in search of regular action.
    It's always good to be back here but, for me, I am at an age where another loan would be good and a move somewhere else to play first-team football

8:03

As always, there are transfer lines aplenty to be found in the national press:
    DAILY MIRROR: Manchester United target William Carvalho will be allowed to leave Sporting Lisbon this Summer if a club meets his buy-out clause of 37.5 million pounds.
    DAILY MAIL: David Moyes made a personal check on Bayern Munich's Toni Kroos during their win over Arsenal in the Champions League
    DAILY MIRROR: Italian giants Fiorentina are offering Younes Kaboul a big pay-day to quit Tottenham.
    For a full round-up of the stories making the back pages on Thursday, check out our daily Paper Talk feature.
    7:37

Manchester United boss David Moyes stepped up his interest in Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos as he watched the German from the stands as the during Bayern's win over Arsenal in the Champions League on Wednesday night, according to the Daily Mail.
    7:34

The Daily Mirror claims Liverpool are looking to sign Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna in the summer with the Frenchman yet to agree to a new deal at the Emirates.
    7:14

Good morning, and welcome back to the Transfer Clockwatch. Coming up, we'll have all the transfer news from Thursday morning's back pages.
    23:24

That's it for today from the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch. Join us again from 7am on Thursday as we continue to bring you all of the latest news and speculation.
    21:04

Barcelona have released a statement again defending their actions in the transfer of Neymar. Barca were responding to media reports in Spain on Wednesday regarding allegations of unpaid tax relating to the signing of Neymar, who moved to the Nou Camp from Santos last June.
    19:57

Chesterfield manager Paul Cook in no rush to dip into the loan market for a new frontman.

Chesterfield FC
    @ChesterfieldFC
    PC: "There's nobody you can bring in that can guarantee you goals. I think we have very good strikers at our club."
    Feb. 19, 2014ReplyRetweetFavorite

Chesterfield FC
    @ChesterfieldFC
    PC: "We must try to keep hold of our assets."

19:36

Ben Davies is in the Sheffield United squad tonight, but is not ready to make his debut from the start.

Sheffield United
    @SUFC_tweets
    Loanee Ben Davies was scheduled to start but arrived late at Gillingham due to signing late afternoon. He is on the bench. #twitterblades

18:50

Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka claims to be fully focused on the present, with January transfer talk a thing of the past. The Ukraine international was strongly linked with a move to Liverpool during the winter window, but lengthy negotiations came to nothing.
    Everything that happened is in the past. There is a good saying 'everything is for the best' - all we have to do is concentrate on the game for tomorrow, that is all.
    18:33

Derby have announced that midfielder Ben Davies is to see out the season on loan at Sheffield United.

Derby County
    @dcfcofficial
    #dcfc 's @18bendavies has joined League 1 @SUFC_tweets on loan until the end of the season: tinyurl.com/o8b3lpg http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg2zyYtCAAAMzJs.jpg

18:12

Real Sociedad winger Carlos Vela has said that he does not plan to return to England in the summer. The 24-year-old was on the books of Premier League club Arsenal between 2005 and 2012, but failed to make a lasting impression.
    17:35

AFC Wimbledon have announced the signing former Tottenham midfielder Jake Nicholson. Nicholson came through the ranks at White Hart Lane and made his debut - and only appearance for Spurs - in the Europa League against Hearts in 2011.
    16:44

Kyle Lafferty's agent has confirmed a number of clubs are keeping tabs on him, but he insists he is more than happy with Palermo.The Northern Irish striker has a long-term agreement with Palermo - who are currently four points clear at the top of Serie B as they look to return to the top flight at the first time of asking.

16:07

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has revealed Thomas Ince was determined to leave Bloomfield Road. The winger linked up with Crystal Palace on loan until the end of the season last month and Oyston admits it is highly unlikely he will ever pull on a Blackpool shirt again, with his contract up in the summer.
    15:32

Former Celtic left-back Lee Naylor has been without a club since leaving Accrington by mutual consent in mid-January. The 33-year-old is now training with Steve McClaren's Derby County in the hope of landing a contract.
    15:12

Stevan Jovetic has found opportunities limited at Manchester City since his 22million summer switch from Fiorentina, but the Montenegro striker insists he won't be looking to move back to Italy this summer. He's told Sky Sport Italia:
    Florence is a beautiful city and I have many friends there. But I'm not saying I want to come back, I'm fine here.

15:09

League Two strugglers Bury have signed left-back Jake Carroll on loan from Huddersfield Town for a month. The 22-year-old Irishman, who can also play in midfield, could make his debut in Saturday's clash at AFC Wimbledon.

Huddersfield Town
    @htafcdotcom
    #htafc 's Jake Carroll has joined League 2 side Bury on an Emergency Loan until Saturday 22 March inclusive

BuryFC
    @buryfcofficial
    Jake Carroll arrives at the JD - Loan signing confirmed - buryfc.co.uk/news/article/j… #buryfc pic.twitter.com/cjCmSI7t5m

14:43

Teenage defensive midfielder Yalany Baio - who has been likened to former France star Claude Makelele - could be leaving Liverpool on loan before the end of the season with a view to a permanent move. The 19-year-old was born in Guinea-Bissau but joined the Reds from Benfica in 2011. His agents Full Contact say:
    He remains contracted to Liverpool for the time being, but in all probability may be moving on soon or in the summer.

14:34

Emanuele Giaccherini insists he's happy at Sunderland and is not looking to move on this summer, despite not featuring since New Year's Day. The Italy winger has made 23 appearances in all competitions since his 6.5million move from Juventus last summer and told the Sunderland Echo:
    I want to stay here. I'm happy here. The important thing is Sunderland, not me.

February 21

Spanish publication Marca is reporting that AC Milan are ready to join the chase for Real Madrid forward Isco. The talented youngster has struggled to hold down a regular role at Santiago Bernabeu this season and is said to be mulling over his options - with his former boss at Malaga, Manuel Pellegrini, still keen on taking him to Manchester City.
    9:16

St Johnstone goalkeeper Alan Mannus has signed a one-year contract extension at McDiarmid Park. The 31-year-old Northern Ireland international is tied to the Scottish Premiership club for next season, which will be his fourth campaign in Perth.
    9:15

[liverpool]Luis Suarez, who last summer asked for a move away from Liverpool, insists he could not be happier at Anfield and is determined to lead the Reds into the Champions League for the first time since 2010.
    When I arrived here, I said it was my dream to play for Liverpool and play Champions League here. I know I can achieve my dreams here.
    7:58

DAILY STAR: Manchester City are closing in on Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes as his move to Monaco is on the brink of collapse.
    THE SUN: Manchester United are set to announce Wayne Rooney's 300,000-a-week deal today.
    DAILY MAIL: David Beckham wants Barcelona midfielder Xavi for his new MLS venture in Miami.
    For a full round-up of the stories making the back pages on Monday, check out our daily Paper Talk feature.
    7:17

Good morning and welcome back to our live Transfer Blog, we will have the morning's top headlines with you shortly in Paper Talk.
    23:01

And that is that for Thursday's transfer talk, join us again on Friday morning.
    22:54

Former Wolves goalkeeper and Soccer Saturday pundit Matt Murray joined Sky Sports News Radio presenter Mikey Burrows on this week's Football League Hour, and discussed Jack Butland's loan move to Leeds Utd among other things.

22:44

Getafe's on-loan centre-back Lisandro Lopez has admitted he wants to return to parent club Benfica when his loan expires.
    I'll return, as Getafe doesn't have the option to buy me. Benfica are one of the biggest clubs in Europe, so I intend to play there.

21:57

Carlisle United boss Graham Kavanagh has been telling the club's official website that he is trying to capture an unnamed central defender on loan:
    We are still looking to bring someone in but there’s been a problem with the club in question. They’ve got a couple of injuries, and things like that, so we’ve had to delay it. I’m still hoping something will happen next week. He’s a lad who is sought after but I’ve got a good relationship with his manager and I think he is happy for him to come to us.

21:03

There's more movement in Scotland this evening as Cowdenbeath confirm a loan move for Northern Irish defender Rory McKeown.

Cowdenbeath FC
    @CowdenbeathFC
    We have signed Rory McKeown on a one month emergency loan from Kilmarnock. pic.twitter.com/Wk6wn3a0VU

20:56

Former Leeds United midfielder Josh Falkingham has penned a new deal with Dunfermline to keep him at the club until May 2016.

Dunfermline Athletic
    @officialdafc
    #DAFC are delighted to confirm Josh Falkingham has put pen to paper and signed new contract - bit.ly/NeMMgy pic.twitter.com/LS56OxQI0A

18:34

Blackpool player-manager Barry Ferguson has insisted he will not make any new signings unless they can play an important role in his first-team plans. The 36-year-old replaced Paul Ince last month and his side currently sit 16th in the Championship.

I'm pretty happy with the squad I've got, we just need to see what next week brings. I would like to add one or two, but there is a rule that you're only allowed five in the 18. I don't want to be bringing loan players in and leaving them out. It wouldn't be fair on them.
    18:11

Coventry's on-loan striker Chuba Akpom has been temporarily recalled by parent club Arsenal. The 18-year-old has returned to the Gunners for two youth ties, but he will go back to the League One side next Thursday to become available for their home encounter against Shrewsbury.
    17:59

Bury have announced that striker Tope Obadeyi has rejoined fellow League Two club Plymouth on loan. The 24-year-old was at Home Park earlier in the season and scored one goal, in a 1-1 draw at York, during 10 appearances for the Pilgrims.
    17:20

Werder Bremen's Eljero Elia has conceded he could leave the club if he fails to win back his place in the first team. The winger, known for his electric pace, joined from Juventus during the summer of 2012 and is under contract until the summer of 2016.
    17:19

Shay Given has revealed he wanted to extend his stay at Middlesbrough, but admits it was out of his hands. The veteran goalkeeper will be aiming to keep his tenth clean sheet in what will be his final game in a Boro shirt, after parent club Aston Villa and the Teesiders were unable to agree terms on an extension.
    16:32

[fl72]Plymouth have taken Temitope Obedayi on loan from Bury until the end of March.

Plymouth Argyle FC
    @Only1Argyle
    Welcome back to Argyle, @Topeobadeyi . Great to have you back on board. bit.ly/TOReturn

16:31

Leeds have confirmed that England hopeful Jack Butland has joined the club on loan from Stoke and will see out the season at Elland Road.

LUFC Official
    @LUFC
    The club can confirm a deal is agreed for England international Jack Butland to join on loan from Stoke until the end of the season #lufc

15:51

Tranmere's Akpo Sodje has been sent out on loan to Macclesfield, where his brother Efe Sodje is assistant manager. The 34-year-old Rovers forward has not played for the League One club since November and has not scored in a competitive match since March of last year.

February 22

Granada are considering a permanent move for Liverpool defender Tiago Ilori after his impressive start to life in the Primera Division. Ilori joined the Andalusian club in January until the end of the season and, despite making just two appearances, has impressed enough to leave sporting director Juan Carlos Cordero pondering a future transfer.

12:23

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has admitted he tried to sign Southampton striker Rickie Lambert in the January transfer window.
    We were keen on Rickie Lambert. There was some interest the chairman expressed but it never materialised in the end.

11:40

Jose Mourinho insists that Thibaut Courtois will be returning to Chelsea this summer to compete with Petr Cech for a starting place.
    11:21

Brendan Rodgers believes qualifying for the Champions League will help Liverpool lure top-class players to Anfield.
    If we can get into the elite competition, it attracts a different type of player
    as well. I think it's very important and hopefully it will be this year

11:19

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew has dismissed claims that Mathieu Debuchy could be looking to leave the club this summer.
    10:19

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says he is determined to keep England full-back Glen Johnson at the club.

Glen is a player we want to keep

9:46

L'Equipe claim that David Moyes is hoping to persuade Patrice Evra to sign a new one-year deal at Manchester United, but he is being tempted to join Nemanja Vidic in moving to Inter Milan.
    9:43

Abola believe that Sporting Libson are going to resist overtures from Manchester United for star midfielder Wiliam Carvalho and will try and tie him down to a new deal with a buy-out of €30million.
    9:00

DAILY EXPRESS: Shinji Kagawa is poised to join Nemanja Vidic in leaving Manchester United this summer.
    DAILY MAIL: Chelsea are considering a bid for Marseille's Belgian midfielder Giannelli Imbula as a possible replacement for John Obi Mikel.
    DAILY MAIL: Manchester City will make a move for Liverpool centre-back Martin Skrtel if the Reds fail to reach the Champions League.
    For a full round-up of the stories making the back pages on Monday, check out our daily Paper Talk feature.
    8:02

Good morning and welcome back to our live Transfer Blog, we will have all the morning's top headlines with you shortly in Paper Talk.

February 23

David Moyes has admitted it is frustrating that he will be without Juan Mata in the UEFA Champions League, but has defended Manchester United's decision to sign the Spaniard for a club-record fee in January.
    Most of the clubs are trying to buy players who aren’t Champions League cup-tied. But the better ones tend to be – like Juan. We are trying to buy that type of talent, so as I say, we wanted to get him early when we could.

13:44

England boss Roy Hodgson has also welcomed the news that Wayne Rooney has signed a new deal at Manchester United, resolving his long-term future ahead of the World Cup.
    We are very happy for him, and of course we are happy for Manchester United and ourselves as well.

13:41

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra says Wayne Rooney fully deserves his bumper wages. Rooney signed a new long-term contract with United on Friday, and 24 hours later smashed in a brilliant goal, from Evra's cross, in the 2-0 victory at Crystal Palace.

Joleon Lescott has insisted he has no bad feeling towards Manchester City as he prepares to leave the club at the end of the season, and he has not ruled out a move abroad. Lescott’s contract expires in the summer and he has not been offered an extension so he has been aware for some time that his future will lie elsewhere.
    I know my contract won’t be renewed, so every performance I’ve put in this season has been like being in the shop window.

10:23

PAPER TALK
    For a full round-up of all the best stories from today’s tabloids and broadsheets, check out our updated Paper Talk feature, which includes the following transfer lines.
    SUNDAY MIRROR: Tottenham will step up their bid to sign Yevhen Konoplyanka after Thursday’s Europa League return leg against the Ukraine star’s club Dnipro.
    THE SUN: Everton are to open contract talks with Seamus Coleman.
    THE PEOPLE: Valencia will make a fresh attempt to sign Javier Hernandez from Manchester United this summer.

10:09

Sergio Aguero will be targeted by Real Madrid again this summer if they sell Karim Benzema to Paris Saint-Germain, according to The People. PSG are reportedly preparing a 0million-plus bid for the France striker and have sounded out Real to see if they would be willing to do business.
    9:33

[newspaper} The Sunday Mirror reports that Roberto Martinez wants to tempt Joe Allen from Liverpool to Everton. Allen has failed to nail down a regular spot at Anfield but former Swansea boss Martinez remains a firm admirer of the midfielder and is thought to have discussed him as a summer transfer target.
    8:53

There are plenty of interesting stories in today’s newspapers, with the Daily Star saying that Manchester United are sure they have won the 25million battle for Ilkay Gundogan. It is reported that David Moyes believes the Borussia Dortmund playmaker is the most likely of his midfield targets to move to Old Trafford in the summer.
    8:25

Good morning and welcome back to the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch. Stay with us throughout the day to keep up to date with all the latest news.
    23:00

That is all for today’s Transfer Clockwatch. Join Sky Sports again on Sunday morning to keep up to date with all the latest news and speculation.
    22:17

Bradford have extended Adam Reach's loan spell from Middlesbrough by another month. The 21-year-old winger's previous deal was due to expire after Saturday's clash with MK Dons, but he will now stay at Valley Parade until March 23.

21:29

David Moyes has admitted after today’s game that it was vital to secure Wayne Rooney to a new contract at Manchester United.
    He would have been too difficult to replace. There aren't enough top players out there that you can get cheaply or easily.

21:27

Wayne Rooney committed his future to Manchester United by signing new long-term deal yesterday and he has been quizzed about the subject again afters coring in a 2-0 victory at Crystal Palace. He insists his commitment never wavered, and he is now just looking forward to playing his part in the club's future
    Obviously I've been letting my football do the talking but I'm happy and settled.

20:27

Karim Benzema insists he plans to stay at Real Madrid despite being linked with a move away from the Bernabeu. Real are thought to be preparing a new deal for Benzema, who has been linked to Paris St Germain and Arsenal.

18:30

We are hearing that Swansea City star Michu is a target for Anzhi Makhachkala before the Russian transfer window closes next week. The Russian side are keen to bring in a new forward and are ready to test Swansea's resolve to keep hold of the Spaniard.
    15:30

Granada are considering a permanent move for Liverpool defender Tiago Ilori after his impressive start to life in the Primera Division. Ilori joined the Andalusian club in January until the end of the season and, despite making just two appearances, has impressed enough to leave sporting director Juan Carlos Cordero pondering a future transfer.

12:23

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has admitted he tried to sign Southampton striker Rickie Lambert in the January transfer window.
    We were keen on Rickie Lambert. There was some interest the chairman expressed but it never materialised in the end.

Jose Mourinho insists that Thibaut Courtois will be returning to Chelsea this summer to compete with Petr Cech for a starting place.
    11:21

Brendan Rodgers believes qualifying for the Champions League will help Liverpool lure top-class players to Anfield.
    If we can get into the elite competition, it attracts a different type of player
    as well. I think it's very important and hopefully it will be this year

11:19

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew has dismissed claims that Mathieu Debuchy could be looking to leave the club this summer.
    10:19

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says he is determined to keep England full-back Glen Johnson at the club.

Glen is a player we want to keep

9:46

L'Equipe claim that David Moyes is hoping to persuade Patrice Evra to sign a new one-year deal at Manchester United, but he is being tempted to join Nemanja Vidic in moving to Inter Milan.
    9:43

Abola believe that Sporting Libson are going to resist overtures from Manchester United for star midfielder Wiliam Carvalho and will try and tie him down to a new deal with a buy-out of €30million.
    9:00

DAILY EXPRESS: Shinji Kagawa is poised to join Nemanja Vidic in leaving Manchester United this summer.
    DAILY MAIL: Chelsea are considering a bid for Marseille's Belgian midfielder Giannelli Imbula as a possible replacement for John Obi Mikel.
    DAILY MAIL: Manchester City will make a move for Liverpool centre-back Martin Skrtel if the Reds fail to reach the Champions League.
    8:02

Good morning and welcome back to our live Transfer Blog, we will have all the morning's top headlines with you shortly in Paper Talk.

Monday February 24

Sky Sports understands Fulham have given Ryan Tunnicliffe permission to talk with Ipswich and Wigan about a possible loan deal.
    09:43

Hello to Brad Smith: 'Arsenal convincing. Chelsea lucky. City functional. Liverpool clinging. So the top four is pretty much decided. In what order though. Almost certainly Liverpool fourth. The rest, who knows. If Arsenal can take five points from Spurs, Chelsea and City then I think they will be champions. Spurs look like they've totally gone again. Utterly bizarre making Sherwood manager. Maybe Levy didn't want another season in the Europa League. Problem is, if City and/or Arsenal win both cups between them, top seven is Europe. Soldado has to be rated amongst the biggest busts in PL history. Looks totally awful. As he has all season. Ozil getting a terrible lot of stick for having a pretty decent season all in all, yet Spurs' record signing barely gets a mention.'
    09:40

Peter in Devon has a view on a side out of form in the Sky Bet Championship: 'I posted a message about QPR and Harry Redknapp about a month or two ago only to be ridiculed. Finally in The Times today some common sense, HR to go. HR has no idea how to manage in the Championship, we have been a poor side all season. No idea on formations and his bungling in the transfer window was laughable. He signed four useless players and 1 borderline player. He would have been better signing any one of Vokes, McCormack, Ings or Rhodes. HR out and Malky Mackay in. Do it now and we may still go up. Keep Harry and we are staying down.'
    09:24

Good morning to Liverpool fan J: 'Another rollercoaster match for us Reds fans, the 'Madrid' approach must make for exciting neutral viewing but I think I age 10 years with every match, we defend worse than Fulham (almost), thank god we score for fun!! Everyone goes on about the City scoring machine but we're now top scorers (yes City have a game in hand), without our strikeforce we'd be about 10th I think defence wise.'
    09:21

Here's all the Premier League video reaction.
    09:15
    Here are the results in full.
    09:12
    Get up to date with the Premier League by checking outs the reviews of the action on Sunday and Saturday.
    09:10
    Good morning and welcome to the weekend reaction special in the TC. Our Weekend Review will be out later this morning but first we want your views on the latest Premier League twists and turns to [email protected].

February 25

Franz Beckenbauer has warned Toni Kroos not to hold Bayern Munich to ransom following his link with Manchester United.
    Another story for the Tottenham fans as Jan Vertonghen hints he could leave the club if they do not qualify for the Champions League.
    Roberto Soldado has received some backing from Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood.

Here's a blast from the past. Former Arsenal goalkeeper Alex Manninger has extended his contract with Augsburg by another year, until 2015.

Phil Williams writes: "Leaving aside any discussion about the relative values that we as a society place upon, say, footballers, and say, nurses; what will a reported three hundred grand a week do to (a) the harmony in the Old Trafford dressing-room (or will none of them think that they merit a rise this season?) and (b) the pay demands of prospective big-name signings? I have heard the argument that even this deal would be cheaper than selling and trying to replace with similar quality; but the knock-on effect for any future signings surely has to be taken into account? We see what happens when a 'big-money' club goes shopping: potential sellers immediately raise their prices. Will not top players' agents now be thinking along similar lines when United come calling? I think they may have made a rod for their own back, unless the Glazers are now prepared to spend money like water."

Our betting preview of tomorrow night's Champions League action is now available.
    Back to Gordon: "Unlike some Liverpool fans I think the race for CL football is far from over and I never celebrate prematurely. I agree with a lot of the points raised by Rob (12.03) regarding Liverpool although I don't see Suarez leaving if CL status is achieved as the player and his family are obviously enjoying life on Merseyside as covered in the article on this website on Friday morning. If Liverpool can offer CL football, retain their biggest asset and have CL cash recruiting top players will be easier but keeping CL football will be the big challenge with the extra fixtures to juggle. No doubt Man Utd will spend big but this does not guarantee success and from where I sit the 65m spent on Fellaini and Mata so far does not look like money well spent. Man Utd without CL football or a high profile manager will struggle to attract the very best players and should they not get CL football back after a one season absence they will find it gets increasingly harder as the years go by regardless of what Gary Neville thinks. I'm not quite sure what to make of Rooney's new contract as he is easily their best player and they must be desperate to keep him but is he worth that sort of money and how long will it be before he is wanting to leave AGAIN ? I think within two years he will want to leave but bearing in mind his age and wages I can't see anyone else willing to pay the price."

Rich Lynn responds: "Kumar, how can you possibly miss a player that plays one game a season? You can't. We massively miss Kaboul but not if he doesn't play anyway. As for money to spend, I assume that the funds raised from selling Lloris, Vertonghen etc will be made available to the manager, just like the Bale money was."

Interesting idea here from Tim: "When you buy a world class striker as Soldado was considered you have to make sure the team's style of play fits to his strengths. However bad Giroud is technically as a footballer, Arsenal play to his strengths and provide him with chances. Spurs don't play to Soldado's strengths in terms of getting balls into the box and intricate play in and around the box which Soldado thrives on. It is usually even Soldado trying to make this type of play happen putting him in deep wide positions which is pointless for him. Spurs don't have the midfield to provide Soldado with goals which is why he is trying to provide for himself. In my opinion Soldado could be a very astute, cut-price signing for Arsenal and I think he would score for fun in their team because they play the style of football that would get him the type of chances he needs. Giroud gets the same chances but can't finish 70 per cent of the time but I think Soldado would take those chances."

J responds: "Ken, we do have Wisdom to return, Kelly may replace Johnson if he doesn't sign a new contract (or get offered one), plus Sakho and Ilori will be back and fit hopefully. We will need a new LB I think though. The defensive individual errors have been horrendous at times, it's like we're compiling our own Xmas bloopers DVD. Rob, we haven't achieved anything yet but if we do make the CL you're right, next season will be quite a juggling act unless we bolster the squad which hopefully we could. Getting CL football isn't easy, staying there may well be even harder. A lot of Utd fans seem to think they have a divine right to get CL football again next season but they don't, they may well spend but there are no guarantees, this could be a reality check for them and maybe they'll appreciate any future success a little more."

Kumar comments: "In addition to Gordon's as always analytical post, I would like to add my views too. There have been, as time has passed, quite a few contradictions posted by Spurs fans. 1) It was considered a great piece of business by Levy to sell Bale as late as he did, because that allowed Spurs to buy players before their prices got inflated by the knowledge that Spurs had money to spend. Still they ended up buying a below average striker for 26mill and an unproven creative player for about the same amount. 2) Baldini and Levy were tipped to take the club to greatness, and if I might add, Baldini was even spoken of as the best transfer scoop of the summer window. Now, all fingers are suddenly pointing at him because he probably has too much authority in the transfer dealings. And we all know that too much of anything is bad. 3) As Gordon mentioned, Kaboul's absence was seen as a major setback for Spurs defensively. Suddenly it becomes not too much of a loss. Now, my views on this might not matter so much to Spurs fans, but, I still feel AVB was the right man for them. You can't sack a manager who led to your highest points finish the previous season, especially when it was clear that he wasn't supported as he might have liked in the transfer window. Yes, he was a little negative at times which frustrated the Spurs support at times, but, he was the man who would have taken them forward. All he needed was backing in the summer and being allowed to bring in players that he knew would play the way he wanted them to. Lastly, on Rich's point that the manager who comes in the summer should spend wisely - if Spurs don't qualify for the CL, what guarantees are the new manager will be given more than 20-30 mill to spend. I like it that Spurs have a chairman that wants to be really involved in what the club does, but, has Levy taken his enthusiasm too far? Possibly."

Rob Lynn responds: "Just wanting to add a minor reality check although I do congratulate Liverpool on achieving their primary goal. Next season will be a true test for Liverpool. Keeping Suarez is the first major hurdle that they need to overcome. King Brenny in the CL for the first time. He has had absolutely no selection dilemmas this season as the team picks itself and no one needs a rest. The squad is very shallow in all areas and the back four that wouldn't look out of place at Selhurst Park or the Stadium of Light. However, if Suarez stays, I assume the players will come. Man U will also spend around 1bn in the summer to force their way back in so it may be a one season dream..."
    Alan Curbishley admits he is "disappointed" to leave his advisory role at Fulham but respects the decision.

Gordon writes: "I find Rich's (09.56) posting very interesting in particular the last line regarding the "new" manager spending the money more wisely in the summer - surely the big problem at Spurs is that the manager doesn't pick the transfer targets and is given the players that Levy (and or Director of Football) decide to buy rather than the ones the manager would like. I think the blame lies 100% at Levy's door for the following reasons: (1) Poor managerial appointments (2) If Bale was to leave he should have been sold earlier in the summer even if for slightly less money so new players could have been identified by the MANAGER and brought in pre-season to give time to gel into a team (3) Of the new players brought in last summer none have proven to be good enough so far in particular the most expensive purchases Soldado and Lamela. I also find it interesting that Rich states if Kaboul leaves it will be no loss as never fit after spending much of the season eulogising about his imminent return to the team bringing solidity to the defence. I have never been a fan of Harry Redknapp but before his reign at White Hart Lane Spurs were a team going nowhere and what he did at the club was get the place buzzing again, brought them CL football and massively raised the expectations of the fans. I'm not suggesting that he was the right man to take them to the next level but without him and Bale progress has not been maintained due to having a "know all" chairman."

Red Ken writes: "Some very sound arguments put forward by the panel in the weekend review. The majority of goals we a conceded have come from individual errors, rather than any system failure. Zonal marking has gone forever, thank God. There can be no doubting that Skrtel has a heart the size of a barn door, but sadly he does not have the skill to match the desire. Agger has always been a class act, but one who has sadly been blighted by injury. Toure has been a disaster, and there is no way we can keep him. Enrique has sadly gone to the USA for treatment, but it sadly looks as if his career might be over. It is the defence that will mean we will miss out on the title, but the best way of cementing fourth is to look above us, and not at those clubs behind us. Shoot for the stars, and you might just end up with the moon!! I know this will not please Brad, but one player I would love to see at Anfield is Sagna. I think he would be the perfect fit for our style of play. Flanagan has been a real positive at the back, and I am sure Wisdom will be back for next season. Beef up the defence in the summer, and add a good covering striker, and we will be well set."

Fabian Johnson will join Borussia Monchengladbach on a free transfer from Hoffenheim in the summer.

Hello to Paul Cressy: "Morning Nick, so as it was with the top four with Liverpool now looking nailed on for fourth, but I want more!! We have to sort out the defensive errors that have cost us goals and points over the season. I only wish Jamie Carragher had given us one more season, we would of been top for sure, but he didn't and we have to get on with it. Why not think about the title when we are only four points off the top? It is surely up for grabs for any of the four sides. We go again next week.........." Get your e-mails sent to [email protected] and have a read of our weekend review.

Chris writes: "It was another interesting weekend of football. What I liked most of all was that managers, whose club have stuck with them, won. I am not a fan of big Sam's style of football but I am glad that West Ham won again and that Norwich managed a win. Quite how Liverpool pulled it out of the bag, who knows? Chelsea and City both left it late and were close to dropping points. Arsenal looked majestic but they could easily self-destruct in the upcoming tough ties. With so many crunch matches between the top five clubs, it really is impossible to see who the champions will be. Spurs are out of that race but not yet out of the Champions League hunt. It is poised for an exciting finale."

Noel Madden writes: "Terrible performance from Spurs yesterday and using the Europa League as an excuse is a joke. Our performances all season have been lethargic and yesterday we paid the price. I want to commend Liverpool for proving me wrong. The thing they have over Spurs (apart from two functioning strikers) is heart and attitude. When Henderson scored the fourth goal yesterday he celebrated like his life depended on it."
    A couple of transfer stories coming up for Chelsea fans. Samuel Eto'o has rebuked rumours which suggest is ready to quit Stamford Bridge, claiming he is committed to the cause.
    Our weekend football review is now out. Check out our take on the big questions.

Over to Rob Lynn: "Morning Nick, Tcers.... Awful weekend for Spurs and that's the final nail in the coffin. I would suggest going all out to win the Europa League now and forget the league. Mind you, I suppose if by a miracle we won it we'd automatically qualify for it even if we came eighth in PL. No win situation as far as looking for CL football next year is concerned. I hope Van Gaal is genuine, Sherwood cannot be expected to manage a team with such aspirations with no experience in a real hot seat, yesterday proved that, quite stunning selection and tactics in an absolute must win game. And a little response to Pete 09.24, your sentence 'HR has no idea how to manage in the Championship', really has no need for the 'in the Championship' ending, any genuine Spurs fan could tell you that."

Morning to Liverpool fan Nick Watson: "Obviously relieved with the win in another crazy game full of terrible defensive mistakes and wonderful attacking football. I think it is dangerous though to think the top 4 is now sorted and it is just a question of in which order. Liverpool have two very difficult away fixtures coming up next against Southampton and United and it is vital that they try and get points in both. United don't play next week so it would be brilliant if Liverpool could somehow beat Southampton (I am not that hopeful but in truth they do not have much left to play for now it would seem) and we would then be 14 points clear of United who still pose the biggest threat to our top four ambitions in my opinion."

Rich Lynn writes: "We don't want Harry back Peter but if you could take Sherwood off our hands for the remainder of the season that would be lovely. Could we also have Assou-Ekotto back? Dave Tickner provided the perfect Sherwood analogy a couple of weeks ago saying he was like a guy who popped into the club shop one afternoon, took a wrong turn and ended up on the bench managing a Premier League side. He is so far out of his depth it's untrue. Ok, there was a chance Sunday would happen with the usual long injury list and much of the side having played on a cow field in the Ukraine on Thursday night but still. His complete lack of a game-plan is embarrassing. of the defence is simply not up to it though that was down to injuries so I'll let him off that. It's what's in front that completely baffles me. Yet again, he plays two defensive midfielders and Lennon on the left and Dembele on the right. Quite simply what are you doing Tim? My 10-year-old asked me why Eriksen wasn't playing. I couldn't answer him. And during the game it was screamingly obvious that a creative spark was needed but still he didn't change it. Remarkable. Any remote chance of fourth now has gone so I hope he puts everything into trying to win a trophy and goes for the Europa with a first team every game while we still have the players good enough to compete. We will obviously now be losing Lloris, Vertoghen, Sandro, Kaboul (no loss as never fit) etc and you can't blame them. They are too good to waste their career outside CL. Let's just hope the new manager in the summer spends the funds a bit more wisely than the last."

Red Ken is feeling good: "So another game ticked off, and three more points in the bag. Gap increases over Spurs, and Everton. Will we make the top four? Well, there are now 70 good reasons why we might!!"
    An interesting morning story concerns Louis van Gaal dropping a fresh hint that he would welcome an approach from Tottenham following the World Cup.
    Sky Sports understands Fulham have given Ryan Tunnicliffe permission to talk with Ipswich and Wigan about a possible loan deal.

Hello to Brad Smith: "Arsenal convincing. Chelsea lucky. City functional. Liverpool clinging. So the top four is pretty much decided. In what order though. Almost certainly Liverpool fourth. The rest, who knows. If Arsenal can take five points from Spurs, Chelsea and City then I think they will be champions. Spurs look like they've totally gone again. Utterly bizarre making Sherwood manager. Maybe Levy didn't want another season in the Europa League. Problem is, if City and/or Arsenal win both cups between them, top seven is Europe. Soldado has to be rated amongst the biggest busts in PL history. Looks totally awful. As he has all season. Ozil getting a terrible lot of stick for having a pretty decent season all in all, yet Spurs' record signing barely gets a mention."

Peter in Devon has a view on a side out of form in the Sky Bet Championship: "I posted a message about QPR and Harry Redknapp about a month or two ago only to be ridiculed. Finally in The Times today some common sense, HR to go. HR has no idea how to manage in the Championship, we have been a poor side all season. No idea on formations and his bungling in the transfer window was laughable. He signed four useless players and 1 borderline player. He would have been better signing any one of Vokes, McCormack, Ings or Rhodes. HR out and Malky Mackay in. Do it now and we may still go up. Keep Harry and we are staying down."

Good morning to Liverpool fan J: "Another rollercoaster match for us Reds fans, the 'Madrid' approach must make for exciting neutral viewing but I think I age 10 years with every match, we defend worse than Fulham (almost), thank god we score for fun!! Everyone goes on about the City scoring machine but we're now top scorers (yes City have a game in hand), without our strikeforce we'd be about 10th I think defence wise."

Here's all the Premier League video reaction.
    Here are the results in full.

February 26

We've put together a comprehensive round-up of the latest speculation from the press, which can be found in our updated Paper Talk feature, and includes the following.
    Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi could leave the club due to a lack of first-team opportunities.
    Monaco are plotting to sign Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris in the summer.
    Pepe Mel is already battling to save his job as West Brom boss after just six weeks in charge.
    Samuel Eto'o is fuming with Jose Mourinho after he was caught slamming his Chelsea striker on TV.
    8:18

And the same newspaper claims that Arsenal defender Johan Djourou has dropped a clear hint that he wishes to leave the Gunners and make his loan deal at Hamburg permanent in the summer.
    8:17

Liverpool could be set to sign Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes when the 32-year-old's contract expires at the end of the season, according to reports in the Daily Express.
    8:04

Having grabbed the headlines with his goal for Olympiakos in their Champions League victory over Manchester United on Tuesday night, on-loan youngster Joel Campbell has admitted he remains keen to make his mark in the Premier League with parent club Arsenal.
    I am still hopeful of playing for Arsenal but I have not been given the chance yet, I hope to keep working at Olympiakos. I am making sure that I take this opportunity.

7:54

Barcelona are set to join the race for Porto defender Eliaqium Mangala, according to the Daily Star. Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United are all reported to be interested in the powerful France international centre-back.
    7:37

Sunderland striker Connor Wickham could be set for another loan move to the Championship, with Leeds United ready to rival Sheffield Wednesday's interest in the England Under-21 international, according to the Daily Mirror.
    7:33

And the same newspaper claims that Southampton could be ready to offer Alex Buttner a route out of Manchester United. The South Coast side are side to have identified the out-of-favour full-back as a possible replacement for the in-demand Luke Shaw.
    7:05

There's an early line of speculation in The Sun, who report that Manchester City are ready to reward Samir Nasri for his impressive form this season with a new three-year deal for the France international.
    7:03

Welcome back to the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch. Stay with us throughout the day for news all of the latest bids, deals and speculation.
    23:30

That's it for another day on the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch. Join us again from 7am for all the latest speculation from the morning papers.
    21:14

Fleetwood manager Graham Alexander has welcomed the signing of Blackburn utility player Josh Morris on loan for the next month.
    He has been out on loan before and he can play at left-back. We see him more as a left midfield player. He has got a very good left foot. Josh is quick and he is good on the ball.

20:29

Here's the full story on the news we brought you earlier, with Hartlepool extending Manchester United winger Jack Barmby's loan spell by a further month. The 19-year-old has scored one goal in five appearances for Pools since joining the club at the end of January and will remain at Victoria Park until March 25.
    19:01

Republic of Ireland international Stephen Hunt is keen to earn an extended deal with Ipswich by impressing Portman Road boss Mick McCarthy over the remaining games of the Championship season.
    I'm very happy here at Ipswich and I love the area so, all being well, I can hopefully do enough to persuade the manager that I deserve a longer deal.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast