Join Today

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: SPORT News

Relegation-threatened Hanover have signed Hungary striker Adam Szalai on loan for the rest of the season from fellow Bundesliga strugglers

Relegation-threatened Hanover have signed Hungary striker Adam Szalai on loan for the rest of the season from fellow Bundesliga strugglers Hoffenheim.

"Adam has played in the Bundesliga for a long time and he has always shown his ability to score goals wherever he's been," said Hanover's sporting director Martin Bader.

Szalai, 28, has also played for Schalke and Mainz in Germany, scoring 32 goals in 137 Bundesliga matches.

Sunderland are attempting to sign QPR midfielder Sandro as Sam Allardyce looks to strengthen his squad in preparation for a relegation scrap in the coming months, according to the Mirror.

The 26-year-old Brazilian was not risked for the R's New Year's Day clash with Hull as they anticipate him making a move away from Loftus Road in January.

Despite concerns of his pace and injury record, Allardyce is looking to secure a cut-price deal for the former Spurs man.

After signing on the dotted line at Leicester, Demarai Gray has expressed his delight at joining the Premier League high-flyers and feels their style of play will suit him.

He told Foxes Player HD: “It’s been my dream to play in the Premier League since I started playing football so I’m very happy to join the Club.

"It’s a great Club. The facilities are great and for a player like me it’s an ideal place for me to improve. Meeting all the staff here, it seems like a nice family place, so I think that’s perfect for me.

"You can see how well the team has been doing this year and I watch a lot of football so I can see that the way Leicester City play suits my style.

"I only hear good things about Leicester and I’m looking forward to starting."

Norwich City have made a 7m bid for Inter Milan defender Andrea Ranocchia, according to Sky Italy.

It is understood that Inter's fellow Seria A side Bologna are also interested and that they have a loan bid on the table.

Ranocchia's preference is to remain in Italy but Sky Italy understand the 27-year-old is not ruling out a move to England and that Norwich are very interested in the player.

Rangers have made a move to sign Accrington pair Josh Windass and Matt Crooks, according to Stanley's majority shareholder.

Andy Holt revealed on Twitter that he was aware Rangers had opened talks with the players, who both turn 22 this month.

In a series of tweets, which were retweeted on Accrington's official account, Holt said: "I have been informed today that rangers [sic] are talking to Josh and Crooksey about a move.

"This is unsolicited and is being done under FIFA international regs that I totally disagree with. You know as much as I do now. Come on Stanley."

Rafa Benitez has been dismissed as Real Madrid manager, according to Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.

Sky sources are reporting that Real Madrid will hold a board meeting on Monday evening with Marca claiming Zinedine Zidane, currently in charge of the club's reserve team, will step in on a temporary contract.

Balague told Sky Sports News HQ: "Rafa Benitez has been sacked. He has been told about it. Everything is prepared for the announcement."

Stuttgart have confirmed the signing of Artem Kravets from Dynamo Kiev on loan until the end of the season.

“I want to learn German fast,” said the 26-year old Ukranian, in German, in an interview with the club’s website.

“I want to do my part in ensuring that the team has success in the second half of the season.”

Stuttgart are also set to confirm the signing of German international Kevin Grosskreutz from Galatasaray. The versatile midfielder has completed a medical with the Bundesliga club.

ADEBAYOR CONSIDERING OFFERS

Emmanuel Adebayor is considering offers from Watford and Crystal Palace, according to reports in The Guardian. The striker has been without a club since leaving Spurs in September, and is looking to remain in London.
    Watford manager Quique Sanchez Flores has previously refused to rule out a move for the 31-year-old while Alan Pardew is in need of a new forward.

RAFA WISHES ZIDANE LUCK

Former Real Madrid manager Rafa Benitez has wished new manager Zinedine Zidane 'good luck' in taking over his role at the helm of the Galacticos.
    "I want everyone at the club from the board of directors, executives, workers and all of the fans to know that it has been an honour and privilege to be in charge at this club.
    "I would like to wish good luck to Zinedine Zidane, my successor, and his staff. To all the players, coaches and staff, I wish all the best and also good luck. With all my respect and thanks... HALA MADRID and NOTHING ELSE."

NEWCASTLE CONSIDER OFFERS

Newcastle are considering offers from Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves for Michael Williamson, who the Magpies value at a 250,000.
    The defender impressed when he was on loan at Molineux last month and is currently recovering from a hamstring injury.

ALLARDYCE: NO DEFOE OFFERS

Striker Jermain Defoe will only leave Sunderland in this transfer window if the club receive an offer they simply cannot refuse, according to manager Sam Allardyce.
    Bournemouth were reported to have an interest in the 33-year-old, who scored 19 goals for the club in a loan spell 15 years ago, but Allardyce said he had not been informed of any offers.
    Allardyce said: "We haven't had a bid for him, for one, and I suppose if I had had a bid for him, I'd have probably turned it down - unless it was that big a bid that the owner had told me, 'This bid is so big, Sam, that we can't afford to turn it down', and every club has that scenario.
    "But no, we haven't had a bid for Jermain and no, we don't want to sell him.

LILLE SIGN AMALFITANO

Lille have announced the signing of former West Ham midfielder Morgan Amalfitano on a free transfer.

Aston Villa had been linked with a move for the former West Ham midfielder, but the Ligue 1 club have won the race for his signature, agreeing a two-and-a-half-year deal.
    "It makes me extremely happy to join a club like Lille, who are well known in Ligue 1," he told the club's official website.
    "I would rate them in the top five clubs in France and though they are not there right now, they are on the way back. I am very happy if I can contribute to this climb back up the table. Time will tell if I have made the right choice, but I have no doubts. After several months out of action, I am itching to get my feet back on the pitch."

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast