Join Today

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: SPORT News

HOWE CONFIRMS AFOBE DEAL Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has confirmed in post match press that a deal to sign Benik

HOWE CONFIRMS AFOBE DEAL

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has confirmed in post match press that a deal to sign Benik Afobe has been agreed.
    If the deal goes through, Wolves striker Afobe would become Bournemouth's new record signing, following in the wake of Tyrone Mings, who joined for 8m from Ipswich last summer.

JANUZAJ CRITICISED BY DORTMUND

Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel has told Sportblid that Adnan Januzaj didn't have the attitude to succeed after his loan from Manchester United was terminated.
    “It is a pity he did not show the desire and attitude you need to progress at his age. My feeling was that he never was completely with us, that a part of him always stayed in Manchester and he compared everything here with United. We were not able to help him to shake that off.”

GOTZE TALKS LIVERPOOL RUMOURS

Bayern Munich’s Mario Gotze has been speaking at a news conference in Doha this morning where Bayern remain on a training camp. Regarding his future, he said he’s not going anywhere in the January window. There had been newspaper reports Liverpool were interested in signing him .
    "I can rule out a move to Liverpool this winter. I don't know where the rumours about Klopp and me are coming from. I have not heard anything. You should ask Klopp if he wants me at Liverpool. If he wants me, he should approach me.
    "I have six nice months ahead of me. It is always annoying when you cannot play and cannot help the team. It is only normal that you think about things like that. But you have to look at the positives and build on those."

Mohamed Elneny: Arsenal confirm signing from Basel

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed the signing of FC Basel midfielder Mohamed Elneny, who could be available to face Stoke on Sunday.
    Elneny, 23, has reportedly cost about 5m and is eligible to play in the Champions League.
    Speaking after the 3-3 draw at Liverpool, Wenger said: "He has joined us and we will see if he can qualify for Sunday."
    Elneny played in Basel's victory over Chelsea in the 2013-14 season.

SCHALKE LOOK TO BOOST SQUAD

Schalke confirmed on Saturday they are in transfer talks with Tottenham's Kevin Wimmer and Hertha Berlin's John Anthony Brooks in a bid to boost their centre-back options with captain Benedikt Hoewedes injured.
    Schalke's chairman Clemens Toennies told Sky in Germany his club is in "intensive talks" with the two defenders as Germany international Hoewedes is expected to be out for up to three months with a thigh injury.

ARSENAL WANT CHILWELL

Arsenal have made a new transfer bid for Leicester's in-demand starlet Ben Chilwell, according to the Daily Mirror.
    Liverpool and Manchester City are also thought to be interested in the England U21 star.

NORWICH TARGET HILJEMARK

Norwich are hoping to beat Everton and Southampton to the signing of 2.2m Palermo midfielder Oscar Hiljemark, according to the Daily Star.

QPR LISTENING TO GREEN OFFERS

Sky sources understand QPR are listening to offers for goalkeeper Rob Green. Crystal Palace's initial loan offer was rejected, and the club would prefer a permanent transfer for the former England stopper.
    Green is entitled to a new contract at Loftus Road if he plays 30 games this season, and is currently on 25 games.

DUO CHASE SIDWELL

Sky sources understand Stoke have received bids from both Fulham and Brighton for midfielder Steve Sidwell.
    Sidwell, who has struggled for regular football since joining Stoke in 2014, was at the Amex Stadium on Saturday to see Brighton's 2-1 win over Huddersfield.
    Sources understand that, Sidwell aside, Stoke have no plans to sell other players.

CITY YOUNGSTER EYES LOAN

Manchester City youngster Bersant Celina is ready to leave the club on loan.
    The 19-year-old made his debut in the FA Cup win over Norwich earlier this month, and said he may move away short term to aid his development.
    "Even if I'm ready here I can't just go in and take the place of one of the best players in the world.
    "If a loan comes in, I think it's a good idea."

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617