Join Today

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: SPORT News

HOFMAN SIGNS FOR MONCHENGLADBACH Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed the signing of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jonas Hofmann on a five-year deal.

HOFMAN SIGNS FOR MONCHENGLADBACH

Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed the signing of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jonas Hofmann on a five-year deal.

Reports suggest the deal is worth between €7m and €8m, and Hofman told the Dortmund website:

"I have had at BVB, in this unique club with such an incredible environment, a beautiful, emotional and successful time."

MOVEMENT IN AND OUT OF BARCA

Barcelona head coach Luis Enrique has indicated there could yet be movement in and out of the Nou Camp when they transfer window reopens.

"At Barca we always have an eye on the market," he said during his pre-match press conference ahead of Wednesday night's clash against Real Betis at the Camp Nou.

"We are looking at everything, the window hasn't opened, but you always have to think about improving the team.

"That means not just players coming in, but also players leaving.

"It is possible that players leave, but it will be based on reinforcing the team."

MANCINI: WE'RE NOT IN FOR LAVEZZI

Roberto Mancini insists Serie A leaders Inter Milan are not looking to sign Ezequiel Lavezzi from PSG.

"In January, every journalist writes something different about the transfer market but we have a great team," said the former Manchester City boss.

"We are not interested in anyone right now, we have a good team."

BARCA LOOKING AT SUAREZ

Barcelona manager Luis Enrique admits the club are looking at bringing Denis Suarez back to the Nou Camp from Villarreal.

Barcelona have a buyback clause 21-year-old midfielder, either at the end of this season or in 2017.

"I think I've seen him play well, he played with Sevilla but could have played more there," said Enrique. "He looks good and is playing well and could be an option for us.

"It's possible that players will leave but it will be based on reinforcing the team. We're looking at everything, the window hasn't opened but you always have to think about improving the team."

DUNDEE UTD AND SHAKTHAR TO LINK?

Dundee United manager Mixu Paatelainen has confirmed the club are in exploratory talks with Shakhtar Donetsk about a possible link up between the two clubs.

The move is believed to have been instigated by a third party and would involve players going either way but Paatelainen stressed discussions are still at an embryonic stage.

Paatelainen told BBC Sport: "We have not taken it any further yet, but I have to say it is a very alluring prospect.

"Shakhtar Donetsk are a major force in European football and have fantastic players, experienced players and young players."

SOURCES: TOON TRACKING KOULIBALY

Newcastle have been strongly linked with a move for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, with suggestions that there is an 8m buyout clause in his contract.

Our sources at Sky Italia say that Newcastle are indeed tracking the player but that Napoli are likely to resist any approach from the Premier League club.

Norwich and Southampton held talks with representatives of the 24-year-old Senegalese defender, who moved to Napoli from Genk 18 months ago.

Patrick Bamford has taken the dramatic step of announcing his intention to end his loan from Chelsea to Crystal Palace – that’s despite coming on as a sub for Alan Pardew’s side in yesterday’s goalless draw with Swansea.

Sky Sources are telling us that Chelsea plan to speak with the player and Crystal Palace in January to discuss his options. It’s our understanding that there is a clause in the contract that would allow the agreement to be reviewed.

Bamford has spent periods on loan at Middlesbrough, Derby and MK Dons in recent seasons but has described his spell at Palace as “terrible.”

LVG: I WON’T RESIGN

Louis van Gaal vowed to fight on as Manchester United manager after his team's goalless draw against Chelsea. United stretched their winless run to eight matches after their seventh goalless stalemate of the campaign.

"Inside of the club the players are willing to fight for every metre, the manager is willing to fight, the members of staff are willing to fight and the board is very confident in the staff and the manager so it (the negativity) is not inside Manchester United," he said.

"I am under contract so it's not a question of staying, it is a question of fulfilling my contract."

PIRLO TO HONOUR NYCFC CONTRACT

New York City FC midfielder Andrea Pirlo insists he will be staying at the club despite reports linking him with a move back to Inter Milan.

Pirlo told Gazzetta dello Sport: "Rumours about the Inter interest didn't trouble me. Also other clubs looked for me in these months but I've a deal with New York.

"I want to respect it because they gave me faith and this time I'll sart from the beginning of the season with a new coach. We have important aims."

NESBITT: I’LL BRING RONALDO BACK

​James Nesbitt said he is hoping to convince Cristiano Ronaldo to return to Manchester United when he hosts the Ballon d'Or ceremony next month.

The Northern Irish actor is a long-time fan of the Red Devils and joked he would take a shirt with Ronaldo's name and number to Zurich with him.

Asked whether his support for Manchester United would have him rooting for a Ronaldo victory in the Ballon d'Or, Nesbitt said: "I'm taking a shirt with Ronaldo's name and number on it, and hopefully he'll put it on and get on the plane back with me."

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast